At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software development company in a category of its own. We are a publicly traded company that offers an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) which enables employees to share in the long-term growth and future success of the company.
Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees and supervisors.
The Sr. Cyber Threat Analyst is responsible for understanding and providing appropriate surveillance for the critical cyber threats to Paylocity’s Information Systems. The Cyber Threat Analyst will leverage Network Monitoring, Logging and Security Incident Event Management (SIEM) systems to produce alerts, audit data and reporting to detect suspicious activity and will analyze the threat data to help the Information Security team to determine what response is appropriate. This position will lead in Incident Responses to analyze and perform forensics analysis to help determine the root cause and recommend corrective measures.
Are you the teammate that we are looking for?
Who you are:
· Passionate about information security and privacy
· A leader and mentor to develop and further the team’s skills and knowledge
· An evangelist regarding the importance of information security
· Well versed in security issues affecting financial service organizations as well as widespread data center operations, such as cloud and mobile technology solutions
· Committed to an ongoing partnership with other high profile groups within the organization (e.g. software development, infrastructure) to insure information security objectives are being understood and embraced
· Established presence within information security communities
· Ability to anticipate problems and recommend decisive action
· Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
· Ability to work collaboratively across the organization
· Values their role as an adviser and business enabler more than their role as a rule enforcer
· Self-driven, creative, and resourceful
How we work:
· Casual, collaborative environment which embraces and operates under our shared principles
· Complete transparency with open, honest discussions about our progress
· Close working relationships across all areas of the organization
· Focus on outcomes and learning
What we offer:
· A strong commitment to Information Security both financially and organizationally
· An existing talented and passionate Information Security team
· The chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
· A collaborative environment where our security team is empowered to help steer the direction of the team
· A place to contribute your security knowledge company-wide through forum panels with our product development team
· Annual training allowance to learn new things and bring it back to the team.
· Flexible remote work schedule
· Bachelor's Degree in InfoSec, Computer Science, or a related preferred
· Minimum of 5 years in a security operations center and/or incident response capacity
· Strong understanding of adversarial tactics and ability to take strategy to implementation/action
· Strong leadership and mentorship qualities to further the Security Operation team’s knowledge and skills
· Experience collecting data from multiple sources and consolidating results into analytic models, alerts, and reports
· Experienced meeting corporate security policies and regulatory requirements
· Solid understand of NIST Cybersecurity framework
· Experience with cloud based technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.)
· Strongly prefer a relevant security certification such as:
o Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
o Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
o GIAC Security Expert (GSE)
o GIAC Systems and Network Auditor (GSNA)
o Computer Security Incident Handler (CSIH)
o GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
o GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA)
o Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
During the last three months, you would have:
· Worked collaboratively with IT and Software Development to continually improve our security posture
· Assisted with identifying new tools and automation in support of security operations team
· Ensured that we monitor for and analyze cyber threats on a regular basis as part of a comprehensive program to reduce our risk exposure to an acceptable level
· Evaluated security threats, assess the potential impact to the business, and implement strategies to detect and generate alerts on security incidents
· Applied business intelligence to analyze data from logs and monitoring to produce meaningful alerts and reports for potential security incidents
· Analyzed data collected to determine if there are any security anomalies that require further action, and if so classify and document the incident, escalate significant security incidents
· Provided situational awareness during significant security incidents through clear and concise communication to appropriate personnel
· Provided input on emerging threats to executives to update our corporate risk analysis
· Evaluated and recommend new security technologies, processes and methodologies
· Understood and stayed current with the critical threats to our IT infrastructure and SaaS applications by continually analyzing cyber threat intelligence sources and techniques utilized by cyber criminals
· Promoted a proactive approach to addressing the changing threat landscape by recommending and implementing architectural improvements to security infrastructure (including security event and discovery/detection tools including firewalls, IDS/IP, SIEM, and other systems)
· Provided Incident Response leadership, triage, discovery, technical resolution, and inter-team communication during any security event
Our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
· Flexible work hours
· Paid Parental Leave
· Ample volunteer opportunities and events
· Health and wellness program
· Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Check out our many Awards here!!
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.
At Paylocity, “We” is what makes us different. We are committed to fostering a culture that honors diverse opinions, perspectives, and backgrounds, knowing that each makes us stronger and collectively unbeatable together. We actively cultivate these differences as we engage each other in driving innovation in the software and services we provide our customers. Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.