Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
We are looking to hire a Senior Consultant to join our Technology – Cybersecurity Practice and provide critical advisory, due diligence, and/or risk/compliance solutions for West Monroe’s clients. As a primary focus, the sr. consultant will deliver our Cybersecurity Advisory for Private Equity (CAPE) offering, a package of services/assets that identifies and remediates cybersecurity/IT gaps across a PE firm’s entire portfolio of companies. The consultant will often collaborate within a cross-functional team of 3-8+ consultants, working to provide ongoing resiliency and maturity assessments, guidance, and recommendations tailored for each industry client or portfolio company’s key cybersecurity risks. This is a rewarding opportunity to join a high-growth, employee-owned firm and play a pivotal role in assessing and improving the security posture of enterprise environments across a variety of industries.
- Provide strategic cybersecurity advisory, tech due diligence, risk assessment, and compliance consulting services for enterprise clients, ranging from policy definition to implementation and adoption
- Actively deliver our CAPE program/offering – Cybersecurity Advisory for Private Equity – to provide ongoing visibility into cybersecurity practices and risks across a private equity firm’s portfolio
- Implement policies and best practices that allow PE firms and portfolio companies to understand, identify, and withstand critical attack vectors
- Conduct gap analysis and due diligence on security controls and technologies, implementing compliance and privacy framework, industry standards, and best practices to address shortcomings
- Perform assessments and audits, identify risks, highlight vulnerabilities, and determine a client’s ability to protect against attacks, detect active threats, and respond/recover from incidents
- Utilize Intellio™ Hunt, our homegrown proprietary software, along with other common tools to threat hunt for indicators of compromise (IoC) and provide visibility into past and current incidents
- Manage client relationships and meet with key stakeholders to determine business/functional requirements
- Promote thought leadership in emerging cybersecurity technologies and best practices through activities like blogs, white papers, attending industry events, Center of Excellence contributions, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Consulting firm/industry experience preferred
- 3-6+ years of professional IT experience focused on cybersecurity
- Experience working with cybersecurity compliance (PCI, HIPAA) or privacy (GDPR, CCPA) frameworks and/or performing risk assessment work (NIST, due diligence, IT auditing) to align with best practices
- Preference for technical background in common cybersecurity competencies, such as SIEM, IAM, IDS/IPS, DLP, incident response, threat hunting, Microsoft 365 security, Azure/AWS cloud security, SOAR, etc.
- Ability to convey complex cybersecurity concepts to technical and non-technical audiences, including executives
- Experience delivering end-to-end solutions – strategy, design, development, testing, training, and implementation
- Understanding of high-level application, database, and network security principles for risk identification, mitigation, and analysis
- Strong sense of urgency with the ability to deliver solutions in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Excellent critical thinking, leadership, communication, and project management skills
- Experience working within a collaborative, cross-functional, team-based environment
- Willingness to travel for out of town client engagements – COVID-19 permitting
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.