Senior Cybersecurity Engineer at West Monroe (Chicago, IL)
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
The Senior Cybersecurity Engineer utilizes business knowledge and solid technical experience of security to provide a secure information environment for the business. The Senior Systems Engineer works in the following areas: Architecture, Network and Perimeter Security, Endpoint Security, Cloud Security, Data Protection Engineering,, Identity & Access Management Engineering, and Operations, Governance , Application Security and Vulnerability Management.
As a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer, you will be able to operate independently, though typically working as part of a team with varying skillsets.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 10% - Planning & Analysis:
Researches and analyzes business trends and behavioral data to identify opportunities for improvements and new initiatives. Drives the evaluation, development, and recommendation of specific technology products and platforms to provide cost-effective solutions that meet business and technology requirements. Researches and designs best fit infrastructure, network, database, and security architectures for products Proactively creates and maintains tools for monitoring and support Participates in project planning and reporting across multiple efforts
- 30% - Delivery & Execution:
Drives configuration, support for existing and new security solutions, Documentation, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met, drives corporate roll-outs of technology, drives the stand up of necessary system software, hardware, and equipment (physical or virtual) to meet changing infrastructure needs, drive new cloud initiatives and advice on best practices.
- 50% - Support & Enablement:
Collaborates with 3rd party vendors and internal project teams to understand needs and enable them with infrastructure. Supports technology architecture design review efforts for project and product teams Leverages tooling and custom applications to monitor the operational status of applications, infrastructure, networks, databases, and security; optimizes and tunes performance as appropriate. Drives root cause analysis, debugging, support, and post-mortem analysis for security incidents and service interruptions. Maintains, upgrades, and supports existing systems and infrastructure to ensure operational stability. Opens and manages vendor problem tickets to resolution. Drives the production of in-house documentation around solutions. Monitors tools and proactively helps teams struggling with systems issues. Provides application support for software running in production. Creates scripts and tools that drive automation and enable product teams and end users to move towards self-service.
- 10% - Learning:
Keeps abreast of innovations and industry trends as well as changes to internal systems and determines how they impacts tools, training, and support necessary to keep systems up, running, and secure. Participates in and contributes to learning activities around modern systems engineering core practices. Proactively views articles, tutorials, and videos to learn about new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience. Professional experience in two of the following areas: Infrastructure Engineering, Security Engineering (On-premise and Cloud), Incident Response Planning; familiarity with at least one other, and interest in the growing in the remaining disciplines. Proficiency in working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional, modern engineering team Experience with system security design and management
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organizations goals
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Global Perspective: Taking a broad view when approaching issues; using a global lens
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Manages Ambiguity: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Self-Development: Actively seeing new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development channels
- Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.