Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Cybersecurity Cloud Security area is currently seeking an experienced Security Engineer to join our team. In this role, the Security Engineer will serve as a delivery team member, product contributor and thought leader.
By developing playbooks to automate manual security processes, the Security Automation Products delivery team manages, operates and enhances the security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR) platform. SOAR combines technical capabilities and software with built-in processes to improve the management of security alerts within the Cybersecurity organization. The automation enables Cybersecurity to execute a sequence of tasks related to security workflows without human intervention, streamlining processes such as incident response by automating time-consuming, manual tasks.
- Function as a member of the Agile team responsible for contributing in all Sprint Ceremonies, Refining and maintaining the product backlog and work requests.
- Develop highly available, scalable and secure cloud native platforms using security best practices.
- Develop efficient, accurate and effective automation code that enriches the client experience and reduces manual efforts in the client’s workflow.
- Mentor your teammates in various knowledge areas such as Cloud Security, Infrastructure as Code, Automation Code Development and Scripting etc
- Develops engineering specifications to ensure risk, compliance, and assurance efforts to conform to security, resilience, and dependability requirements at the software application, system, and network environment level. Assists cybersecurity architects in designing and developing security solutions consistent with business goals and risk tolerance. Validates current and future-state architectural models to assess impact across assigned Cybersecurity technology systems.
- Designs and implements solutions to align with the Cybersecurity Strategy. Ensures compliance to audit, regulatory, and legal requirements. Builds and maintains effective relationships with peers and internal business partners. Manages relationships with security partners and vendors.
- Drives research innovation and continuous coverage of malicious activity in custom intelligence research tools. Correlates incident data to identify specific vulnerabilities and makes recommendations that enable expeditious remediation.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of security trends, threats, and attack techniques. Serves as the subject matter expert for supported security technologies.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering
- SANS – GIAC, COMP TIA or comparable security certifications desirable
- IaC Development experience (Terraform, Cloud Formation Puppet) etc…
- 1-3 years’ experience with scripting languages such as Python and NodeJS
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.