Senior Cybersecurity Engineer at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
By developing and enhancing cloud security services, the Cloud Security Products delivery team strives to create awesome products and services that protect our public cloud environments while providing security insights directly to cloud developers.
We deliver high quality cloud security products that allow cybersecurity to operate and contribute to business value streams. The senior cybersecurity engineer, under direct supervision, will champion efforts to enhance security of our cloud infrastructure, helping implement security best practices and guard rails around the use of various cloud services, and delivering those capabilities through modern automation tools, principles and patterns. They should have strong problem solving skills and demonstrate the ability to work independently, communicating effectively across multiple technical teams.
Our current tech stack includes AWS, Terraform, Linux, Python, Git and Jenkins.
- Provides comprehensive security analysis of various cloud services through research, threat modelling and experimentation, and thereby leading to security best practice guidelines in using those services.
- Builds code base, tools and automation to provide insight and metrics on current security posture and to enforce minimum security baseline on our cloud presence.
- Partners with key stakeholders as a security champion for cloud-native systems, and coaches on how to use platform capabilities effectively through measures that avoid security misconfiguration.
- Develops engineering specifications to ensure risk, compliance, and assurance efforts to conform to security, resilience, and dependability requirements at the software application, system, and network environment level. Assists cybersecurity architects in designing and developing security solutions consistent with business goals and risk tolerance. Validates current and future-state architectural models to assess impact across assigned Cybersecurity technology systems.
- Designs and implements solutions to align with the Cybersecurity Strategy. Ensures compliance to audit, regulatory, and legal requirements. Builds and maintains effective relationships with peers and internal business partners. Manages relationships with security partners and vendors.
- Drives research innovation and continuous coverage of malicious activity in custom intelligence research tools. Correlates incident data to identify specific vulnerabilities and makes recommendations that enable expeditious remediation.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of security trends, threats, and attack techniques. Serves as the subject matter expert for supported security technologies.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering
If we had our say, wed also look for:
- Hands-on experience provisioning and configuring various AWS services
- Good understanding of authentication and authorization mechanism within AWS using AM entities and policies.
- Terraform engineering to provision infrastructure
- Experience in version control using Github and job control using Jenkins
- AWS, Azure, or Google public cloud experience in a production environment is a plus
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.