Senior Data Engineer
What we do
Strike Social harnesses the power of artificial intelligence to drive the best outcomes in YouTube and social media advertising. Through media-buying software and service, Strike Social manages 15,000+ campaigns each day for the world’s leading agencies and brands, including Beats, Xbox, Honda, Mattel, Lionsgate and Trunk Club. With a workforce presence in 16 major markets — including headquarters in Chicago and offices in Kraków and Manila — Strike Social was recently named the No. 17 fastest-growing private company in the U.S. by Inc. Magazine. Learn more at strikesocial.com.
How do we do it
We are a growing team of independent thinkers who bring their diverse talents and backgrounds to help build a programmatic media-buying platform. We work in an agile environment, and frequently pair program to improve collaboration and software quality. We are polyglots and you’ll see us use languages and frameworks like Python, Typescript, Angular2, Flask, and Pandas. Our infrastructure relies on Nomad, Terraform, Consul, Vault, Nginx, Redis, Postgres, Redshift, and Auth0.
You are a passionate engineer who loves solving the world’s problems with state of the art technology. You’ve got solid coding chops, and have demonstrated an ability to identify and learn new tools, languages and technologies. You welcome feedback and use it as a way to improve your own skills and methods. You are a mentor and understand the value in helping and developing others. You are pragmatic and know how to strike a balance between building long-term value in software, and meeting business goals in a timely fashion.
If you are passionate about building large scale data processing systems and are motivated to make an impact in crafting next-generation data architectures, we would love to talk to you.
- Build data pipelines to automate the ingestion, transformation, validation, and augmentation of structured and semi-structured data
- Advance the data architecture, ensuring commitment to architectural and industry best-practices
- Own and extend the data pipelines through the collection, storage, and processing of large datasets
- Partner with Data Scientists, Software Engineers, and business groups to develop enhancements to the data platform, including data processes, data warehouses, and data pipelines
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to implement machine learning algorithms
- Guide engineering and business teams to understand and consume the data sets to drive improved decision-making and analytical capabilities
- Contribute to the engineering culture, and mentor other software engineers within the team
Skills & Qualifications
- 5 or more years of experience in the design and development of data pipelines, data marts, and data warehouses
- Proficient in at least one programming language such as Python, Java, Go, or Ruby
- Strong understanding of ETL processing with large data stores
- Experience working with ETL systems like Airflow, Spark, Talend, Alooma, or Nifi
- Strong understanding of stream processing services such as Kafka, Kinesis, Apache Storm, or Spark Streaming
- Expertise in working with and modeling data in varied forms, including relational, columnar, flattened, and dimensional data stores
- Experience designing and implementing business-critical data pipelines by leveraging modern big data architectures to satisfy real-time and batch processing requirements
- Proficient in creating and tuning data queries
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate across the engineering team
- A proven record of personally taking large data projects from ideation to implementation
Working at Strike Social
Strike Social is a close-knit, work-hard/play-hard environment. If you want a fun, challenging and rewarding experience, apply to join our team! Aside from standard (and generous) employee benefits, Strike offers unlimited PTO, an open office environment, casual dress code, a spectacular Loop location and frequent team outings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.