Senior DevOps and Cloud Engineer at Rewards Network
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:06 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, November 11, 2020
Rewards Network is seeking a Senior DevOps and Cloud Engineer to partner with our development groups to build and deploy services. As a member of the team you will architect, implement and troubleshoot AWS and Docker solutions, developing and maintaining infrastructure automation tools. You will also utilize DevOps Tools to build and maintain CI/CD for the environments. We are looking for a passionate problem solver that is highly focused, agile, and who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative and team-centric environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cloud architecture/engineering: Working with development teams to determine best AWS Services pre use-case, and best configuration.
- Docker expertise: Working with development teams to get them started with Docker, and troubleshoot any issues seen when running in Kubernetes environment.
- CI/CD administration: Working with development teams to ensure their project builds are running as expected and optimized.
- Network: Working with network team to configure firewalls, WAF(Web Application Firewall), CDN(Content Delivery Network)
- Monitoring/Logging/Alerting: Ensure maximum reliability of all our environments and participation in on-call rotation
- Open-Source Tools: Comfortable with open-source solutions such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, Kafka, etc.
- OS/Scripting: Linux experience is a must. Writing scripts to solve problems and automate processes.
What technologies does a DevOps and Cloud Engineer work with?
- Docker environments: Kubernetes, AWS ECS/ECR, Docker DTR
- Docker builds: SBT(Scala build tool), Docker-compose, vulnerability scanning
- Infrastructure-as-code/configuration management: Terraform, Ansible, Chef
- AWS Services: EC2(AMI/ALB), Lambda, S3/Glacier, EFS, RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift, Route53, API Gateway, Cloud Map, Global Accelerator, CloudWatch, Logs, Config, CloudTrail, Trusted Advisor, Well-Architected Tool, Health Dashboard, SageMaker, Athena, EMR, MSK, IAM, Secrets, Certificate Manager, KMS, WAF, SNS, SQS, Cost Explorer/Budgets, WorkSpaces, ECS, ECR
- CI/CD: GitLab-CI, TeamCity
- Monitoring: Prometheus, Grafana
- Centralized Logging: ELK stack
- Databases: Aurora RDS(including serverless), Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server
- Other open-source tools: Hashicorp Vault and Packer, Kubernetes Operators, Apache Kafka, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Experience with AWS and Cloud-first solutioning.
- Configuration and support systems in AWS using terraform.
- Experience working with Linux and JAVA environments at enterprise scale.
- Background supporting large scale websites with CDN Services.
- Familiarity using monitoring, APM and logs to find root cause of issues.
- Experience with Chef or Ansible.
- Ability to script using Go, Python, Ruby, and/or Bash, etc.
- Understanding of containerization and experience leveraging Docker.
- Knowledge of cloud security and best practices.
- Working knowledge of Windows platforms.
- Experience with network, storage and DNS services.
- Ability to work effectively with people of all levels of information technology expertise with a wide range of constituencies and organizational relationships.
- Understanding of Project Management tools, techniques and methodologies including Agile.
What are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like Rewards Network?
- Exposure to some of the most modern and innovative technologies.
- Being able to work alongside other talented individuals in a collaborative and continuous learning environment.
- The ability to apply technology to strategically solve business challenges and see your ideas come to life.
- Being part of a collaborative environment with a team of peers to build and deploy services.
- Being an influential figure on security best practices for cloud deployments and application and service performance.
- Ability to gain deep understanding of supported services.
We connect diners to fantastic restaurant experiences by offering unique card-linked offers thanks to our ability to leverage advanced technology and powerful data analytics, while simultaneously providing value to our strategic partners' overall loyalty programs.
We work alongside our restaurant partners every day, sharing in the ebbs and flows of their business while helping them achieve their dreams. We provide marketing and financing that work with their business and are truly pay-for-performance. We help them increase revenue, traffic, and customer engagement. Importantly, our services do not require the merchant to discount or give away their products.
Even more, we enhance our partners' loyalty programs by offering a turn-key, scalable dining rewards program that is right for their business model and leverages their unique brand to help increase the value proposition for their customers.
Finally, we connect our millions of members to our participating restaurants, allowing them to earn the rewards they desire when dining out.
Rewards Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We encourage and strongly support workplace diversity.
Read Full Job Description