Senior DevOps Engineer
At ShopRunner, our mission is to help retailers thrive by sparking and deepening connections between shoppers and the brands they love.
Our 4.4M members receive exclusive benefits such as free 2-day shipping, free returns, 2-click checkout and special promotions across our network of 140+ retailers. Our retailers enjoy the power of cross-retailer network effects in the form of new customers and increased purchase frequency.
With people in offices in Chicago and Conshohocken, PA, we’re perpetrators of good vibes and great experiences for our customers, our merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Sr. DevOps Engineer at Shoprunner, you’ll be responsible for enabling the smooth transition of software from our product development teams to our cloud-based operating infrastructure residing in AWS. You will be collaborating across the development, operations, and product organization to deliver platforms and services that help drive business value to the entire organization. As a Sr. DevOps Engineer at ShopRunner writing code, implementing configuration and automation tools, deploying scalable platforms and services and maintaining a 24x7 ecommerce site will be part of your daily responsibilities.
This role will be primarily based in our Chicago, IL office with limited travel to our Conshoken based office.
ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build strong relationships with business and engineering peers.
- Develop a both long and short term technical vision for the operations team and other development teams that depend upon our services and platforms
- Strong ability to influence and help guide other highly skilled engineers
- Develop an automated build and deployment environment for ShopRunner core applications
- Develop, build, and maintain a standardized platform to run ShopRunner core applications.
- Design, build and maintain a monitoring, alerting, logging framework for ShopRunners core applications
- Maintain and build a strong infrastructure platform within the AWS environment
- Support a 24x7 production environment
ABOUT WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 7+ years of experience working in technology development or operations
- Strong background and experience with Linux systems engineering
- Multiple years of experience running and building systems in the AWS environment
- Deep experience with automation technologies like Chef, Ansible, Puppet or the like
- Proven history supporting and maintaining a 24x7 online business
- Strong background with programming languages like Ruby, Python, Java, and PHP
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems like TICK, Graphite, Graphana
- Experience with logging systems Splunk, ELK or the like
- Experience working in a network operations center or service operations center
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.