What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years we’ve grown from 0 to 7M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. -- Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Fetch’s next step in evolving the shopping experience will require a Senior DevOps Engineer You will build, deploy, manage and monitor highly performant backend services. This is a key leadership position, responsible for writing software and guiding technical direction. Success in this role requires the ability to take on challenging problems and design & develop an appropriate solution with little to no assistance.In your tool-bag:
- Experience managing highly available and scalable hosting solutions in a micro-service environment
- Experience building extendable applications/systems for internal engineering teams
- Experience designing and building complex multi-region network architectures
- Understand the complexity and failure domains of micro-services and distributed architectures
- Ability to troubleshoot large scale production systems and explain both short and long-term solutions with trade-offs.
- Effective communication, including the ability to translate and explain technical issues to non- technical team members.
- Modern cloud architecture (virtualization, networking, databases, message queueing)
- Building highly available, scalable, fault-tolerant infrastructure
- Continuous build and deployment tools and practices
- Building and operating software applications (Python)
- Modern monitoring and telemetry methodologies (Graphite)
- OSI model
- Familiarity with OOP and REST principles
- Ability to develop software (C/C++, Java, Python, Go)
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, engineering or mathematical field of study