Senior DevOps Engineer at Paylocity
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will drive complex tools and processes surrounding our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) cloud-based Payroll and HR products across multiple development, staging and production environments, and provide complex support to development teams producing our software products. You will assist and guide product development teams as they provision, deploy, configure, and monitor the software they create, and partner with other DevOps Engineers to design and improve complex tools and processes that empower teams to work faster and easier on their own.
You?will act as a point of contact and liaison to many teams (particularly software development, security, and other TDE teams) to: coordinate the implementation of new applications, features, and environments; upgrade existing systems; troubleshoot and resolve issues, and eliminate their root causes; and implement security measures to keep software development, delivery, and execution fast, safe, and working at top performance.
Who you are:
- Enthusiastic about automating processes and systems that make it fast and easy to provide great software to our customers
- Likes interacting with and guiding other teams to ensure they are enabled to do the work they need to do
- An advocate for best practices in software delivery and operations
- A natural problem solver that can quickly troubleshoot and remediate complex problems
- Detail-oriented, collaborative, self-motivated, and responsible
During your first three months at Paylocity, you will:
- Support, implement, and maintain automated build and deployment pipeline systems; source and artifact repositories; SaaS product environments; issue tracking systems; and application telemetry, monitoring, alerting and logging platforms. Different sub-teams may put additional emphasis on one or more of the areas above.
- Identify process problems and propose, design, and implement solutions
- Provide advisory expertise to other teams who need assistance with deployments, configurations, stability, performance, and issue resolution
- Mentor and cross-train team members
- Prepare and maintain clear documentation of systems, how to resolve complex operational issues, how to perform team tasks, and user guides to be consumed by other teams
- Provide on-call support for emergencies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, technology related field or equivalent experience required
- Previous experience (ideally 5+ yrs.) implementing and maintaining deployment pipelines, server farms and environments, and/or monitoring and alerting solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex deployment and configuration issues, and design and implement solutions
- Experience in an fast-paced agile environment
- Has maintained and encouraged positive and inclusive collaboration with peers and management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including creating documentation for consumption by the enterprise
- Experience and advanced proficiency with some or all of: Automated deployment tools (e.g., Octopus Deploy or Urban Code Deploy), CI tools (e.g., TeamCity or Jenkins), SCM tools (e.g., BitBucket or GitHub), Artifact repository systems (e.g., Artifactory or Nexus), Infrastructure-as-Code or Configuration Management tools (e.g., Ansible, Chef, or Terraform), Telemetry, monitoring, alerting, and logging tools (e.g., ELK, Splunk, AppDynamics, LogicMonitor, and/or NewRelic), and Scripting tools (e.g., Powershell or Bash)