Senior DevOps Engineer at ShopRunner
At ShopRunner, we connect consumers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 100+ of the top brands and retailers in the ecommerce space. We build products that provide a premier ecommerce experience by delivering elevated, data-driven content. The landscape of retail is changing and we're here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), and Krakow, Poland.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Senior Cloud Engineer at Shoprunner, you’ll be responsible for enabling the smooth transition of software from our product development teams to our cloud-based operating infrastructure residing in AWS and GCP. You will be collaborating across the development, operations, and product organization to deliver platforms and services that help drive business value to the entire organization. As a Senior Cloud Engineer at ShopRunner writing code, implementing configuration and automation tools, deploying scalable platforms and services and maintaining a 24x7 ecommerce site will be part of your daily responsibilities.
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON:
- Build strong relationships with business and engineering peers.
- Develop a both long and short term technical vision for the operations team and other development teams that depend upon our services and platforms
- Strong ability to influence and help guide other highly skilled engineers
- Develop an automated build and deployment environment for ShopRunner core applications
- Develop, build, and maintain a standardized platform to run ShopRunner core applications.
- Design, build and maintain a monitoring, alerting, logging framework for ShopRunners core applications
- Maintain and build a strong infrastructure platform within the AWS environment
- Support a 24x7 production environment
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Multiple years of experience running and building systems in the AWS environment
- Strong background and experience with Terraform
- Strong background and experience with Docker
- Proven history supporting and maintaining a 24x7 online business
- Strong background with programming languages like Ruby or Python
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems like Grafana or the like
- Experience with logging systems Grafana Loki, ELK or the like
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.