Senior DevOps Engineer at Jellyvision
Jellyvision is hiring a Senior DevOps Engineer
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MN, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, WA, or WI.
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that makes choosing (and using) employee benefits easier and more enjoyable. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think the best way to achieve that is with a staff that reflects the vast range of ideas, perspectives, and experiences of the millions of people who use our products.
How you’ll help
On any given day as a Senior DevOps, you’ll be busy doing everything from writing application code and managing infrastructure-as-code to architecting cloud applications for high-availability.
What you’ll do
- Design modern containerized or cloud-based applications
- Build and support Jellyvision’s automated CI/CD pipelines
- Identify and fix system issues while keeping a cool head
- Lead and mentor their team
Experience & skills you’ll need
- Experience using Cloud computing platforms (especially AWS) and applications that scale
- Experience developing tools and automation using high level programming languages
- Ability to participate in application design review, code review, follow stack trace during incidents and resolve
- Experience using configuration management tools such as Ansible, Packer, and Terraform
- Experience using container technology and orchestration tools such as Docker, ECS or Kubernetes
- Experience using continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
- Knowledge of best monitoring and alerting practices
- Excellent communication skills
- A head for data-driven decision making
- Decision Quality
- Manages Ambiguity
- Manages Complexity
- Optimizes work processes
- Tech Savvy
Jellyvision is committed to fostering a more inclusive workplace where people across all dimensions of diversity and intersectionality, including, but not limited to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neuro-diversity, gender identity, gender expression, sex, or country of origin are welcomed, valued, and celebrated! We have an opportunity to increase representation at all levels and need your unique talents, background and perspectives. We look forward to your contributions to our team.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!