Senior DevOps Engineer at Jellyvision
Jellyvision is hiring a Senior DevOps Engineer
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MN, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, WA, or WI.
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that makes tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—easier and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need a talented Senior DevOps Engineer to help us.
How you’ll help
On any given day as a Senior DevOps, you’ll be busy doing everything from writing application code and managing infrastructure-as-code to architecting cloud applications for high-availability.
What you’ll do
- Design modern containerized or cloud-based applications
- Build and support Jellyvision’s automated CI/CD pipelines
- Identify and fix system issues while keeping a cool head
- Lead and mentor their team
Experience & skills you’ll need
- Experience using Cloud computing platforms (especially AWS) and applications that scale
- Experience developing tools and automation using high level programming languages
- Ability to participate in application design review, code review, follow stack trace during incidents and resolve
- Experience using configuration management tools such as Ansible, Packer, and Terraform
- Experience using container technology and orchestration tools such as Docker, ECS or Kubernetes
- Experience using continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
- Knowledge of best monitoring and alerting practices
- Excellent communication skills
- A head for data-driven decision making
- Decision Quality
- Manages Ambiguity
- Manages Complexity
- Optimizes work processes
- Tech Savvy
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!