Senior DevOps Engineer at VillageMD
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare. We are empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions, and engaging patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country, improving patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization, and we are thrilled about the work that we accomplish every day. We are transparent. Collaborative. Relentless in pursuit of our mission. With a confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation. And we know that the community we are growing is greater than any one individual.
We have built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and connected to the most modern internal and external apps. This platform provides the foundation for our digital front door through which we are creating a more accessible, personalized patient experience which includes telehealth, connected devices, and remote patient monitoring capabilities among many others.
Our technology solutions are 100% cloud-native and designed with elasticity, automation, and with API-first principles. Security is at the core of our operating mentality and is native to our investment thesis when procuring technology and deploying solutions.
Integral to our Infrastructure & DevOps organization, the Senior DevOps Engineer will drive a wide variety of projects to support and maintain the organization’s converged infrastructure & tooling in a multi-site environment.
What are examples of work that DevOps Engineers will do at VillageMD?
- Work as part of an Agile self-organizing team.
- Take part in roadmap planning, prioritization, and goal setting.
- Familiarize yourself with the various deployment schemas used by product teams across the organization.
- Deploy DevOps tooling and improving developer enablement.
What will make you successful here?
- A low ego and humility.
- Love for automation and strong analytical and data-driven approach to solve systemic problems.
- Effective communication including patience to listen and high degree of comfort with transparency.
- Ability to maintain calm and methodically driving resolution for high-impact production issues.
- Ability to deeply leverage Agile methods and practices to manage your work.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- 5+ years of multi-disciplinary experience supporting cloud hosted infrastructure (AWS, Azure).
- Programming languages (Python, PowerShell, Go, Typescript).
- 5+ years of CICD and infrastructure-as-code experience (Terraform, SAM, Ansible, Kubernetes, GitHub Workflows, Drone CI).
- Monitoring and incident management tools such as DataDog, OpsGenie.
- Operating in local, remote, and containerized Linux environments.
- Source version control using Git and remote Git hosting providers such as GitHub and BitBucket.
- Ability to effortlessly deploy front end applications, APIs, and SaaS services on hard metal or containerized environments using infrastructure-as-code.
- Implementing security into the practice of DevOps. Intimate knowledge of AWS virtual private networks, security groups, IAM (Identity and Access Management).
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary, bonus, and health benefits
- Paid gym membership
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment (with snacks)
- Pre-tax savings on commute expenses
- Remote flexibility
- A highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes the impact you can make from Day 1.
- A clear link between our daily work on products and services and the improved quality of healthcare that this work facilitates for patients.
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.