Senior Devops Engineer
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally understand our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we are building the infrastructure to modernize cancer treatment. By analyzing a patient’s genetic data in the context of molecular therapies, Tempus empowers physicians to make real-time data-driven decisions in clinic based on the comprehensive computational analysis of a patient’s unique pathology.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking for engineers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
What You'll Do:
- Build & maintain a growing multi-tenant cloud infrastructure in AWS
- Provide subject matter expertise in CI/CD best practices for Java and React application
- Build tools to help accelerate the development to production cycle
- Monitor and react to issues in multiple HIPAA compliant environments
- Work alongside other team members in Engineering, Computational Biology and Data Science in an Agile environment to deliver an enterprise-grade product in an iterative manner
- Outstanding programming and problem solving skills
- 3-5 years experience in configuration and management tools such as Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt or AWS Cloud Formation.
- 1-3 years experience with Linux containers using Docker in a production environment
- 1-3 years experience using Jenkins for CI/CD
- Monitoring experience using PagerDuty, Zabbix, Splunk, Nagios, OpsGenie etc.
- Maintenance of Source code management systems - GIT or SVN.
- 5 years experience in Unix or Linux administration
- Experience in agile environments and comfort with quick iterations
- Experience with the structure and usage of REST API's
- Intellectual curiosity to pursue the unknown and to continuously learn
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and willing to shift priorities seamlessly
- Strong desire to build products that will save lives and change the course of cancer
Good To Have:
- 2-5 years experience programming in Ruby, Python
- Understanding of big data technologies