Senior DevOps Engineer
Our Team: Technology drives our business. Our team is made up of talented software engineers, infrastructure engineers, leaders and UX professionals. We care about technology as a craft and a differentiator. We bring our global products to market with a mix of software, cloud, data centers, infrastructure, design and grit.
Our Product Groups: Individual Investor – building products like Morningstar.com for individuals like yourself
Institutional Investor – developing some of our flagship products like Morningstar Direct for institutional investors and our Advisor products for financial advisors
Workplace – this is where we build and provide our hosted digital advice platform for Retirement plans, 401K’s, etc. (what some call robo-advisors)
Data – this is the heart of Morningstar where all data is sourced, collected, transformed, calculated and distributed across the world
The Role: We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our product delivery teams. In this role, you will collaboratively and iteratively push towards the goal of continuous software delivery in our datacenters, cloud migration and cloud operations. You will have opportunities to utilize your CI/CD knowledge to interact and collaborate with diverse teams, and contribute to an at scale CI/CD platform in Amazon Web Services. With this comes day to day responsibilities around deploy, build, scripting, automating and overall improvement.
• Collaborate with multiple software development teams globally
• Stay current on emerging technologies
• Work in a diverse technical environment to establish, advocate, and provide patterns for CI/CD
• Write and execute build/deployment scripts/tasks
• Set up and maintain software development tools spanning source control, continuous integration/delivery, code review, etc.
• A bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or related fields is required
• Strong knowledge of build, release, and configuration management practices
• Passionate about staying current on trends and best practices in software development
• Experience with CI/CD. A strong preference for experience in AWS.
• Knowledge of source control tools (Git, CodeCommit and SVN), build/release tools (Jenkins, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline), and infrastructure as code tools (CloudFormation)
• Programing experience/skills in popular languages such as Python, Java, C#, or PowerShell, etc.
• Working knowledge of Linux and Windows
• Strong grasp of Configuration Management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt Stack)
• Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity