Senior DevOps/CICD Platform Engineer at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Discover is looking for a talented, enthusiastic and proactive DevOps Engineer who will assist in optimizing the development process to enable faster development flow by systematically reducing development cycle time and increasing built-in quality.
In collaboration with our Development, Testing, Architecture and Infrastructure groups, the successful candidate will deliver automated software delivery practices focusing on full automation between the development and production environments.
This is a rare opportunity to join a team which is growing in both size and influence in Discover, and be part of the group which defines future direction for software delivery.
The person is responsible for the delivery of automated software delivery practices focusing on full automation between the development and production environments. Collaborates with Development, Testing, Architecture, and Infrastructure groups to ensure consistency across the enterprise.
- Work with Scrum Teams to implement CI/CD pipelines.
- Develop and maintain Jenkins shared library code to provide CI/CD functionality.
- Work with infrastructure teams to implement fully automated environments.
- Implement standard automation patterns based on industry best practice.
- Provide day to day DevOps support to the Scrum and infrastructure teams.
- Maintain and Monitor CI/CD pipelines.
- Leads, guides and participates in the analysis, design, implementation and execution of the scenarios, procedures and QE suites. Ensures content and structure of all QE documents / artifacts are documented and maintained.
- Liaises with Development and Testers for iterations, testing and deployment activities. Assist in the preparation of System, Integration and User Acceptance Tests.
- Ensures proper configuration management of the QE artifacts produced and traceability of the tests to the requirements.
- Recognizes when test automation is appropriate and, if it is, they plan the effort. As test execution approaches, ensure the test environment is ready before test execution and managed during test execution.
- Schedules the tests for execution and monitor, measure, control and report on the test progress, the product quality status and the test results, adapting the test plan and compensating as needed to adjust to evolving conditions.
- Assists in the preparation of agendas for meetings, for example: Weekly team meeting etc. Frequently status check meetings with the team, communication by means of chat / emails etc.
- Reports upon quality engineering activities, including results, coverage, required resources, defects discovered and their status, performance baselines, etc. Attends the regular QE team meetings.
- Plans, monitors, controls and executions of the quality engineering activities and tasks. Provides input into the estimation of effort. Prepares the software plan.
- Assists in the analysis of requirements during the requirements analysis phase of projects. Keeps track of the requirements from the project and manages Change of Scope (COS).
- Identify the hardware and software requirement for the quality engineering setup. Escalates the issues about project requirements (Software, Hardware, Resources) to Project Manager / Quality Manager.
- Adheres to all processes and procedures for quality engineering as per established standards defined by the organization.
Our Tech Stack:
- Jenkins, GitHub, Nexus, Chef, Ansible
- Horton Works, Spark, Storm
- RabbitMQ, Kafka
- PCF, OpenShift, Kubernetes
- Oracle, MariaDB, Gemfire
- Cucumber, Selenium, Protractor, WireMock
- AWS (EC2, S3, EMR, ELB, Kinesis, nginx)
- Tomcat, Websphere
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Software Engineering, DevOps, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Shell scripting
- One of: Java, Python, Groovy or another modern programming language
- Knowledge of SDLC
- Knowledge of Agile (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe)
- Jenkins DSL
- Cloud Foundry
- Experience of automated testing
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.