SENIOR DIGITAL ARCHITECT, CLOUD PLATFORM at Caterpillar
As a Sr. Digital Architect with our Cat Digital Team this position will serve as a change sponsor, consultant and company expert in Digital Technologies where decisions and recommendations are recognized as authoritative and that have an important impact on Digital Strategy and business outcomes.
Cat Digital is leading Caterpillar and our industry with the utilization of data analytics, innovation, digital channels and techniques to drive profit, create more efficient revenue growth, unlock new revenue streams and provide more durable competitive advantages for the business through unexpectedly great experiences for our customers.
This role will function as the digital platform architect with a strong Engineering background especially in solutions architecture, specifically service oriented architecture, and enterprise applications such as cloud computing and software service offerings. The role will ensure business requirements are implemented in a fashion that makes sense architecturally. At this level, individuals must demonstrate innovation, creativity, foresight and mature judgment as they anticipate and solve unprecedented business problems, understand program objectives and requirements, guide programs and projects, and have accountability for enterprise architecture.
Key areas of responsibility will include some or all of the following:
- Create a compelling Digital vision, communicate and influence customers, dealers, team members, suppliers, business units and industry experts towards that shared vision
- Own the architecture roadmap and new digital technology adoption
- Proactively evaluate, design and promote new products, processes, technologies and solutions
- Deliver systems, architectures and plan for evolving legacy n-tier applications to cloud native architectures
- Responsible for driving cyber-security related policies and methods in the team
- Drive design thinking and integrate contemporary CX/UX into the products
- Responsible for relationship with delivery partners
- Look ahead and strategize for next 3-5 years of digital transformation
- Mentor and develop others
- Hands-on architect who is passionate about technology and solving important design challenges. This means the individual should be technology agnostic, know how to code, and be willing to consider technologies and solutions that are relevant to the business and its goals.
- A solid understanding and experience of architecture patterns including ESB, SOA, database, integration, and cloud architecture.
- A self-driven, highly- motivated technologist who can work with a high degree of autonomy and is able to prioritize effectively.
- A business- minded person who can work collaboratively and has proven experience in creating influence across product teams, delivery and IS to drive technical efforts.
- Someone who is articulate and can effectively communicate with technical teams, non-technical business leaders, and clients.
- Position requires a four year degree from an accredited college or university.
- 3 plus years of experience you have working with Cloud Technology.
- 5 plus years performing web application architecture.
- Advanced level of developing and implementing Big Data solutions.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Experience in enterprise scaled solutions that deliver real time and historic data efficiently.
- 3+ years of Cloud PaaS experience.
- 10+ years of Information Technology experience.
- Experience in IoT, business intelligence and analytics deployments.
- Experience with one of the following big data technologies: Amazon Web Services, Azure Cloud, Google cloud, Data Lake, or Hadoop.
- Experience in enterprise solutions delivering availability, reliability and scalability.
- Experienced as a Technical Application Architect (architecture modeling, building block design, applications and role design and systems integration) and has demonstrated experience in leading requirement discussions and setting vision and roadmaps.
- Experience in hot and cold data path strategies.
- Fluent in continuous delivery, continuous integration and A/B testing.
- Hands-on experience with Agile methodologies.
- Scientific- computing experience (e.g. R, Matlab, Python, machine learning).
- Demonstrated strong communication skills articulating complex topics to non-technical audiences.
- Proven leadership, team working, inter-personal and influential skills beyond the span of control.
- Proven business case development, business process mapping and strategic planning.
- Experience in complex fleet management IoT solutions.
- Experience in managing business change, project management methods and tools.
- Experience in managing technical partnerships and relationships with internal and external teams.
- Ensuring compliance with strict SLA requirements around overall message latency and system Availability
- Creating proof-of-concepts to evaluate potential technology solutions
- Providing technology input and recommendations to the leadership team
- Strong understanding of public cloud technologies and best practices for implementing two or more from the following: massive real-time event and message processing, data lakes, Big Data transformations and analytics, complex e-commerce applications, IoT edge and cloud data processing, SQL and NoSQL data modeling