Senior Digital Optimization Analyst - Zoro
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 250+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,000,000 unique products.
The Senior Optimization Analyst is responsible for managing the optimization processes to implement test & learn strategies to improve the conversion of customers against key business driver metrics. He/she will create the optimization strategy and methodology, and work with key stakeholders to create a testing roadmap to execute A/B and multivariate tests with internal tools and potentially external vendors. This role interacts with several cross functional partners and must communicate effectively at both the detailed SME level as well as with business leaders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a framework for creating and executing multiple A/B and multivariate tests for Zoro
- Create optimization strategy, testing roadmap, and test designs
- Ensure Optimization process exhaustively reviews customer behavior in order to determine areas of potential opportunity to improve conversion rates
- Execute testing design and implementation of multivariate and A/B testing
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders in Customer Experience, Customer Acquisition and Retention, and Product to ensure testing program has appropriate cross-functional support
- Effectively communicate test results, insights, and recommendations to business partners
- Use data-driven insights to propose and design future tests
- Provides direction and interpretation on testing
- Develops forum to evangelize a test & learn culture within Zoro and ensure organization finds value in test & learn opportunities
- Responsible for empowering teams to utilize Optimization technology and best practices to execute testing and targeting campaigns
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, computer sciences, information management or another quantitative field.
- 3+ year experience in an online optimization testing role
- Proven analytical skills, strong intellectual curiosity
- Experience in web analytics, especially Google Analytics and Google Big Query
- Experience with Google Optimize is a plus
- General understanding of statistical methods, regression models, ANOVA, statistical significance, etc.
- Working knowledge of site optimization, product development, usability or UX
- Understanding of digital marketing channels and principles
- Experience with user testing methodologies and user-centered design principles
- The position requires the candidate to work independently with general supervision.
- Experience with presenting insights and making recommendations persuasively
- Experience working with third-party vendors
- Highly motivated change agent that can push against the status quo and seed new ideas, new ways of thinking, and new ways of working.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.