Senior Director, Cloud Compute Operations at Ensono
Ensono is seeking a dynamic, highly-motivated individual for its Director of Cloud Operations position. You will be responsible for leading a team of talented engineers to scale Ensono’s Cloud Platform. You will bring your solid understanding of cloud / datacenter architecture and deployments to help guide our vision and strategy for production operations. You will use your knowledge and experience of the public and private cloud domain, including production support of AWS, Azure and private cloud using VMware platform. You are result oriented and you thrive in a result driven culture that values initiative, leadership, and collaboration.
- As a Director of Cloud Operations, you’ll own operations and administration of our production cloud web security service to ensure reliability, recoverability and optimum performance.
- Oversee migration and integration of legacy cloud platforms into new Ensono cloud platform
- Deliver service availability at or greater than 99.9% uptime in the cloud at specified concurrency and performance levels
- Rotating on-call support of production infrastructure and applications
- Create, manage and report against KPIs for the platform’s operation, overseeing all platform change management and deployment activities
- Consistently improve performance and reliability as the platform scales, driving continuous improvement through operational metrics
- Implementation of Cloud platform
- Overseeing deploying, maintaining, and supporting cloud solutions across private and public infrastructure
- Manage a team tasked with implementation and operations of a cloud datacenter infrastructure, datacenter administration, servers, storage, networks, and operations that support the applications and business processes as required
- Deploy and utilize automation tools to minimize human operational requirements
- Implement and maintain full operational compliance against various security and compliance requirements
- Acting as a technical leader for visible and complex projects, advocating for solutions across organizational boundaries
- Provide thought leadership on our global cloud transformation and senior expertise on migrating from on-premise services to native and/or hybrid-cloud
- Creating and delivering knowledge sharing presentations and documentation to both technical and non-technical audiences inside and outside Ensono
- Learning on the job and exploring new technologies. Leading and encouraging team towards this constant learning mindset
- In depth knowledge of cloud and virtualization technologies, specifically VMWare's stack
- Management of AWS technologists and operations engineers including goal setting, performance management, coaching, mentoring and development planning
- Collaborate with Engineering teams
- Design, Implement, and Support technology stacks working with Engineering teams to deliver new products leveraging continuous delivery and integration
- Build best-in-class solutions for the overall monitoring, alerting, management and escalation of all technology services enabling self-service and autonomous product domain teams
- Being an active participant in setting direction and strategy for the team and its products/services
- Provide architectural guidance for system and service design to improve security, scalability, reliability and adaptability of our growing AWS cloud footprint
- 5+ years of technical staff management of more than 4 team members
- 10+ years of Unix/Linux systems administration experience
- 10+ years of Windows systems administration experience
- 8+ years of cloud computing experience and knowledge
- Knowledge and experience with at least AWS including EC2, VPC, CloudFormation, KMS, IAM, RDS and S3, or Azure equivalent.
- Experience with Mware NSX and VMware vCloud Director.
Primary Location City/State:Downers Grove, IL - Finley, Illinois
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Ensono is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Ensono provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.