Senior Director, Quality Assurance at VelocityEHS
*Open to remote candidates*
At VelocityEHS our goal is to deliver the most complete, the most user friendly, and the quickest and easiest-to-implement EHS, sustainability and risk management platform available. VelocityEHS is seeking an experienced technology leader to direct and manage a geographically diverse team of Quality Analysts and Test Automation Engineers in an agile software development environment.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and can learn quickly and apply what you learn to what you do, then this is the job for you - check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Direct the development of the QA strategy, methodology, discipline and framework, driving the QA team in areas of automated testing and agile testing.
- Lead and direct the QA leadership team in a matrixed, agile environment.
- Align systems and reporting globally to ensure efficiency in reporting and a single version of truth.
- Be accountable for the test automation projects, mentor, and provide leadership to the QA automation developers and managers.
- Ensure that the development teams adhere to the principles, guidelines and best practices of the QA strategy as defined.
- Create a talent development plan for staff, providing required coaching along the way
- Guide QA team in the execution of Agile process, providing employees with feedback and means of improvement, catalyzing organizational growth and answering questions.
- Oversee monitoring of all QA activities, test results, leaked defects, root cause analysis and identifying areas of improvement. Implement steps required to improve the processes.
- Set the tone and standards for team performance and quality deliverables.
What Success Looks Like:
- Team is high-performing, held accountable for deliverables, and demonstrably improving yearly
- Tackle tough assignments with initiative, creativity, a value-added mind-set, questioning nature, and a sense of urgency
- You juggle multiple priorities and projects meeting all deadlines
REQUIRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- 15+ years work experience doing enterprise QA
- 5+ years working in an Agile environment
- Bachelor’ Degree in a Computer Science related field, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to build, implement and direct quality assurance principles and maintain quality of delivery across a geographically diverse team
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Remarkable technical skills and experience operating in a continuous delivery environment.
- Proven experience advocating for Quality Assurance, Continuous Improvement and industry best practices
- Highly effective systemic thinking skills
- Exceptional communication skills with proven ability to relate with both technical and business professionals.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Able to motivate a team, recognize good talent and bring out the best out of each individual.
- Strong leadership skills with experience in implementing and shaping a company’s QA processes and strategies.
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)