Senior Engineer - Cloud, DevOps, and Security at Slalom
Who exactly is it that we’re looking for?
Do you have boundless curiosity and a knack for problem solving? Are you hungry for technology, tinkering, and exploring new and interesting ways to build software products? Does the idea of working with like-minded experts to help build and deploy amazing products sound interesting? Well then, you sound like a Builder, and you belong on our team!
Slalom is looking for a Senior Engineer to join our North America team in the Cloud, DevOps, and Security (CDS) capability. Our CDS engineers build the secure automation capabilities that enable our application and data engineers to unleash their products to the world. Our goal is to create the platform to make a product smart, secure, and fast, while minimizing toil.
If you are ready to bring your skills to work alongside our team of builders, we promise you’ll be working hands-on in the cloud with some of the newest technologies out there. You name it, we work on it, and so can you. You’ll build across AWS, GCP, and Azure using a wide variety of tools across the DevOps landscape.
What you’ll do
- Develop and implement complex automation tasks and cloud architecture.
- Advocate DevOps culture, tooling, delivery methods, and cultural practices within Slalom and with our clients.
- Assist with estimating work efforts and story pointing required for each phase of an agile project.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to peers, less experienced engineers, and client personnel.
- Identify, qualify, and raise technical risks and issues.
- Help grow our culture of learning by taking part in and coordinating opportunities such as presenting at technical conferences, community groups, writing blog articles, and contributing to partner-coordinated workshops.
- Up to 25% travel required, which will primarily be in support of project delivery, but may include professional development and capability development opportunities.
- 3+ years of progressively responsible software engineering and DevOps experience
- Experience designing and implementing end-to-end Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
- Demonstrated production environment experience with at least one major public cloud (i.e., AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Experience in Configuration Management and Infrastructure-as-Code (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, ARM, etc...)
- Experience collaborating across multiple functional and/or technical teams to deliver an Agile-based project
- Demonstrated growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address practical business problems
- Ability to communicate with clients on a business level and translate their needs into technical solutions
- Experience delivering complex solutions utilizing common scripting/programming languages (e.g. Bash, PowerShell, Python, Go, etc...)
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundamental cloud security (e.g., Identity and Access Management, firewalls, etc...)
Who We Are
Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016 to 2019, Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019, and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us over 30 cities across the U.S., U.K., Canada and Australia.
One of our fastest-growing capabilities is Slalom Build, which uses agile engineering to deliver custom-built digital products and solutions. Slalom Build is a network of nine Build Centers that consist of passionate technology builders of a wide variety of disciplines including Experience Design, Software Engineering, Solution Ownership, Cloud, DevOps, & Security, and Quality Engineering. Strategic partners include Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, Snowflake, and Tableau to name a few.
Slalom Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law.