Senior Engineer - DevOps
Do you want to lead the design, development, and delivery of creative DevOps and cloud solutions while working on team-based projects? Would you like to help fuel a growing software engineering culture at the best consulting firm in the world?
One of our fastest-growing capabilities is our Cross-Market Delivery Network, which uses agile engineering to deliver custom-built digital products and solutions. The centers, which are located near local Slalom offices to support clients and teams in the same or adjacent time zones, provide regional remote delivery capabilities at scale. Strategic partners include Salesforce, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, and Tableau.
Join Slalom’s Cross-Market team as a Senior Engineer and help build systems that help our clients solve their most complex and interesting business problems. If you are invigorated by new challenges, seek out new learning opportunities, lead from the front, challenge the status quo, and develop the skills of team members through technical and professional mentoring.
What You’ll Do
- Accountable for developing and implementing complex automation tasks.
- Assist with estimating work efforts required for each phase of a project.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to less experienced engineers.
- Identify and raise technical risks.
- Participate and lead internal and external learning and sharing activities, including conference technical presentations.
- Up to 25% travel.
- 3+ years of progressively responsible software engineering and DevOps experience.
- Experience designing and implementing end to end Continuous Delivery pipelines.
- AWS, Azure, or Google public cloud experience in a production environment (e.g. network, security, deployment, automation, serverless technologies).
- Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible).
- Experience collaborating across multiple functional/technical teams to deliver a project.
- Demonstrated growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address business problems.
- Ability to communicate with clients on a business level and translate their needs into a technical solution.
Slalom Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law.