Reverb is a leading online marketplace for buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has built an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear. In 2019 Reverb was acquired by Etsy. With the added support of one of the largest online marketplaces, we are on a path to becoming the go-to site for musicians everywhere.
Our core belief is that music makes the world a better place. Through Reverb Gives, a portion of every sale provides students, teachers, and leaders of music programs across the world with instruments they need.
We're presently looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our team. We’ve built our platform on top of AWS and strive to automate every manual process we can. We are a quickly growing team working on scaling our infrastructure while following best practices and taking the approach of documenting our infrastructure as code.
We are currently in transition from a monolithic Rails app with a few peripheral services to a multi-service environment with Docker and AWS at the core. We are looking for a highly motivated engineer who can take the lead and own significant aspects of our infrastructure while developing tools and standards, as well as helping respond to production issues.
- Build tools to simplify and speed development on Reverb’s infrastructure
- Identify opportunities to improve our architecture and scalability
- Provide guidance and strategic direction for key parts of our infrastructure and architecture
- Provide mentorship to developers across multiple teams
- Guide professional standards and best practices across the organization
- Collaborate with peers across Infrastructure, Data and Product Engineering
- Anticipate future business needs and advocate for solutions
- In-depth experience with cloud networking in AWS. Comfortable setting up VPCs, security groups, NAT instances and debugging network issues.
- Advanced programming experience in bash/ruby/python. Bonus points for multiple languages.
- Thorough knowledge of the unix command line and common tools.
- Experience debugging production issues from infrastructure to application level.
- Comfort with Docker in development and production.
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Chef/Puppet/Ansible.
- Preferred but not required: Terraform, DataDog, ECS, Kubernetes and Jenkins.
- Major pluses: Postgres and Elasticsearch.
About our compensation and benefits
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key benefits include:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- A matching 401(k)
- A flexible take it as you need it PTO policy
- 12 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Ways to give back to you community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
This is a local position in Chicago. Please, no recruiter submissions.