Reverb is a leading online marketplace for buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
We're presently looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our team. We’ve built our platform on top of AWS and strive to automate every manual process we can. We are a quickly growing team working on scaling our infrastructure while following best practices and taking the approach of documenting our infrastructure as code.
We are currently in transition from a monolithic Rails app with a few peripheral services to a multi-service environment with Docker and AWS at the core. We are looking for a highly motivated engineer who can take the lead and own significant aspects of our infrastructure while developing tools and standards, as well as helping respond to production issues.
- Build tools to simplify and speed development on Reverb’s infrastructure
- Identify opportunities to improve our architecture and scalability
- Provide guidance and strategic direction for key parts of our infrastructure and architecture
- Provide mentorship to developers across multiple teams
- Guide professional standards and best practices across the organization
- Collaborate with peers across Infrastructure, Data and Product Engineering
- Anticipate future business needs and advocate for solutions
- In-depth experience with cloud networking in AWS. Comfortable setting up VPCs, security groups, NAT instances and debugging network issues.
- Advanced programming experience in bash/ruby/python. Bonus points for multiple languages.
- Thorough knowledge of the unix command line and common tools.
- Experience debugging production issues from infrastructure to application level.
- Comfort with Docker in development and production.
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Chef/Puppet/Ansible.
- Preferred but not required: Terraform, DataDog, ECS, Kubernetes and Jenkins.
- Major pluses: Postgres and Elasticsearch.
What we offer:
To complement our competitive compensation and equity plans we offer:
- No-bureaucracy environment where ownership and initiative is valued.
- Health insurance and a healthy work environment
- 401k with company match.
- Paid Parental Leave.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Volunteering Time Off policy.
- Bi-monthly lunches.
- A MacBookAir, monitor, keyboard, mouse of your choice and stand-up desk.