Senior Engineer- Internal Tools at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21.2 million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 140,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
About the Opportunity - Internal Tools
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Internal Tools team you will play an important role in implementing features for the group. We are looking to bolster the team by adding engineers experienced in building highly available and fault tolerant systems. You will work closely with Engineering leadership and Product stakeholders to drive technical designs and leverage your own experience to solve the most challenging and difficult problems the team faces.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, implement and deliver awesome technical platforms and features that grow and scale our internal tools platform.
- Collaborate with leadership, product owners, and technologists to deliver features that grow and scale our internal tools platform.
- Understand our products from both a technical and business perspective and help us drive innovation.
- Build and deploy features with limited or no reliance on QA.
- Be a proponent for improving our platform, processes, and tools.
- Contribute to architectural decisions and promote development best practices.
You Should Have
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable consumer-facing applications (e-commerce preferred)
- Experience with End-to-End (E2) testing frameworks
- Must have experience working in a test-driven development environment.
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience mentoring junior engineers.
- Experience with Java or a similar modern object-oriented language.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.