Senior Engineering Manager, Software Quality Assurance at OppFi
OppFi is a leading financial technology platform that powers banks to help the everyday consumer gain access to credit. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, OppFi helps consumers who are turned away by traditional providers build a better financial path. OppFi is an Inc. 5000 company for five straight years, a Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, and the seventh fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain's Chicago Business. The company was also named on Forbes America 2021 list of America's Best Startup Employers and Built In's 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago. We welcome individuals to join us in facilitating financial inclusion and credit access for everyday consumers to live the life they deserve.
OppFi is a team of caring, innovative, and inclusive individuals with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Our employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every day and know you are a part of making a difference. Our company values guide us and create an open and collaborative culture where we hold the door, say what we see, do what we say, and dare to win together!
What you get to do:
The OppFi engineering team is looking for a Software Quality Manager to support all areas of OppFi's software projects. We are looking for a technical manager in software quality engineering who can take our existing automation and software QA process to the next level. You will both manage and contribute to the qualification of software through automation. Reporting to the CTO, you will lead a team of Software Engineers in Test (SDET) that is instrumental in delivering high-quality releases of customer-facing applications. We are an agile software development environment, and you and your team will enhance our automation infrastructure to move towards continuous deployment where every code change is thoroughly tested and considered ready to be deployed.
- Drive adoption of new test strategies and tools, and build your vision while working with multiple product teams at once.
- Be an advocate of the Software QA process for all pieces of functionality released on our platforms.
- Manage Software QA resources, both onshore and offshore.
- Develop an automated Software QA framework that works in our Agile environment.
- Work with the engineering team to implement and maintain unit testing and test coverage
- Analyze product specs, decompose complicated software systems, and design strategies to test these systems.
- Work with other technology leaders in defining deployment and release processes.
- Update data tracking tools with the latest project information.
What you will bring to the team:
- 5+ years experience leading a Software QA team or Software Development team
- 5+ years of Software QA Project Management
- In-depth experience building automated testing frameworks
- Experience scaling Software QA teams and operations
- Experience building performance tests and benchmarks using commercial tools (Lighthouse, LoadRunner, Silk Performer) and open source tools (JMeter, soapUI/loadUI)
- Experience in continuous integration, configuration, or release management
- Automation planning, execution, and triage for projects on multiple platforms
Reports to: Yuri Ter-Saakyants, Chief Technology Officer
Job Level: Senior Manager
The anticipated salary range based on qualifications and experience is $143,000- 170,000 and the total compensation package includes eligibility for performance-based bonuses up to 15%, as well as a 1-time equity grant based on level
Define your career at OppFi
OppFi is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New team members go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppFi plays a part in that.
- Define your goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppFis’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Business Resource Groups and other programs are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
Compensation and Benefits
OppFi offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness & growth, we provide monthly meditation and yoga classes and access to all LinkedIn Learning courses. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.
Our goal as a company is to build an equitable workplace that actively works to dismantle systems of oppression in our processes, procedures, and interactions. We aim to help our employees thrive where they work and beyond. Check out our Culture page here.
OppFi is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppFi will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].