SENIOR ENGINEERING MANAGER
Join Fourkites, a fast-paced, innovative, data-driven start-up that is changing the Supply Chain industry through real time tracking and end-to-end visibility - 2021 Best Tech Startups In Chicago.
The Senior Engineering Manager will lead a dynamic & high performance engineering team developing our next generation Yard Management System at FourKites. You’ll manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. You will act as a coach and player to create the best supply chain platform that users across 100 countries cannot get enough of!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Provide leadership to drive technical decisions and contribute to the direction and strategy of the team
- Establish and develop best practices for the team and help adopt relevant technologies, tools, and methods
- Work with geographically distributed teams and help define processes to ensure that the entire team stays productive.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management, Program Management, and cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and expectations.
- Attract, grow, and retain talent, providing technical direction and career growth opportunities and creating an inclusive & diverse culture.
About the team:
Our global Engineering team is passionate, curious, and innovative. We work across geographically distributed locations to collaboratively deliver industry disrupting solutions, offering Fortune 1000 customers real-time visibility, predictive intelligence, advanced analytics, and many more exciting products to power their transportation world.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent practical experience.
- 12+ years of industry experience building highly scalable, high performance & responsive web applications.
- 5 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages (e.g., Python, Go or Java with any Database).
- 5 years of experience in a technical leadership role leading software development teams with at least 3 years of experience in a people management, supervision & team leadership.
- Comfortable and effective in cross-functional and cross-organizational communication and collaboration
- Customer facing experience is a plus.
Named one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, FourKites is on a mission to transform the world’s supply chains with the most powerful technology on the planet. With a customer base that includes 18 of the top-20 food and beverage companies and nine of the top-10 CPG companies, the company combines the largest network of real-time logistics data with machine learning to help its customers lower costs, improve on-time performance and strengthen end-customer relationships. We are a customer-obsessed organization, wholeheartedly committed to helping our customers succeed and drive long-term value.
The empathy we exhibit with our customers applies internally, as well. At FourKites, a positive work culture is a priority, and team members benefit from structured employee development plans, mentorship and training programs, quarterly review and promotions processes, affinity group memberships and competitive benefits packages. Click here to learn more about our team and our corporate values.
If you are a California resident, here is our California Applicant Privacy Notice.