Senior EPiServer Developer/Architect at Rightpoint
Rightpoint, a Genpact company, is the digital consultancy with technology at its core. We design and engineer end-to-end experiences that help our clients succeed at the speed of innovation. Rightpoint serves more than 250 Fortune 1000 companies. We've partnered with brands like 3M, Sanofi, Azek, Chamberlain, Grant Thornton, Six Flags, Johnson Controls, Aon, B&H, and Abbott, just to name a few. Rightpoint has 500 employees across 10 offices. Check out our Sizzle Reel showcasing some of our latest work here. For more information, visit rightpoint.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we're searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.Job Description
The Senior EPiServer Developer/ Solutions Consultant will be responsible for building and maintaining internal and external facing web applications for Rightpoint's clients. It is important that the Sitecore Developer/Solutions Consultant have a strong background in building scalable, maintainable, high-quality, and high performing web applications using the Microsoft technology stack including the latest versions of .NET, ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, Sitecore and/or EPiServer CMS Platform.
- Develop features in .NET custom applications and .NET components of Sitecore or EPiServer CMS solutions based on feature specifications and technical designs.
- Contribute to creating feature specifications and technical design schematics.
- Contribute to requirements gathering and analysis activities such as storyboarding, developing use cases, and creating functional requirements specifications.
- Create database models and build out models using SQL Server, then surface data to user interfaces by using object oriented techniques, often using object-to-relational mappers.
- Create web user interface server-side functionality using ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC, and SharePoint.
- Take responsibility for feature-focused unit and system testing (built both by you and others).
- Contribute to facilitating acceptance testing procedures and monitoring results.
- Contribute to performance and load testing procedures and issue remediation.
- 3+ years Sitecore or EPiServer experience.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and computer science foundations.
- Experience with designing relational databases and optimizing database structure for performance and/or maintainability and the ability to design and optimize stored procedures.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development.
- Experience with source control, work item tracking, and build management with Team Foundation Server (or similar)
- Deep hands-on knowledge of the .NET 3.5/4.0 Framework, including Visual Studio 2008/2010, C#, ASP.NET, ADO.Net, jQuery, and CSS.
- Strong experience working with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer) and experience with service-oriented architectures (SOA).
- Experience with Object Relational Modeling (ORM) with different tools such as nHibernate and Linq.
- Hands-on experience building scalable web applications, in particular building high frequency and low latency web applications with optimal memory management, performance, and scalability as a key focus.
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills.
- Passion for building high-quality systems with software implementation best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of anticipating and exceeding customer expectations.
- Must be motivated with a focus on team performance.
- Prior consulting experience is desired.
- Exposure to project management experiences is a plus.
- Experience in development and implementations using Microsoft SharePoint is a huge plus.
- SQL Reporting Services or DBA experience a plus.
- Willingness to travel to clients located throughout area on a regular basis and a willingness to occasionally travel to client sites located throughout the United States on an occasional basis.
- Strong experience working with layered architectures (N-Layer, Onion/Hex, DDD, CQRS) and an appreciation for appropriate layering and application structure.
- Hands-on experience building scalable web applications, in particular high frequency and low latency web applications with optimal memory management, performance, and scalability as a key focus.
- Experience in development and implementations using:
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience with Styling and Responsive Design techniques using technologies such as LESS, HTML5, Bootstrap, and SASS.
- Experience with Client-side browser development using jQuery, Knockout, or AngularJS; emphasis on Single Page Applications (SPA).
- Experience with native mobile application development on any platform.
- Experience with Cloud ecosystems including Azure or AWS.
- Demonstrate prior consulting experience.
- Exposure to project management experiences is a plus.
Willingness to travel to clients located throughout the area on a regular basis and a willingness for occasional travel to client sites located throughout the United States on an occasional basis.Required Education
Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent work experience
Who We Are
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led organization driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We're a start-up at heart and we're able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
- Top Workplace Awards: Chicago Tribune – 5 Years!, Dallas Business Journal, Chicago Timmy Awards, and Crain's Business Detroit
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of "Fastest Growing Companies," 4 Years!
- Best Charitable Organization/Non-Profit Website – Webby Awards
- Top Partners with Microsoft, Sitecore, and EpiServer
- Google Developers Certified Agency – 4 years running!
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- Flexible PTO
- Casual and open office environment
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great insurance coverage and flexible spending accounts
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Cultural and Diversity Spotlights, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, etc.
- Bi-Weekly Catered Lunches
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you geek out about, we bring people together to make great work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.