Senior Front End Developer at Sittercity
Sittercity’s mission is to make child care finally work. We pioneered tech enabled child care in 2001, and we connect millions of parents with babysitters and nannies every year. Recently recognized as a 2018 Chicago Innovation Award winner, we are building a platform that is radically simplifying the way we find, book and pay for trusted care. Headquartered in Chicago, we serve families and caregivers nationwide.
What You’ll Do
As a Front End Developer at Sittercity, you’ll join a squad of teammates drawn from a variety of disciplines, working to solve real problems for thousands of users. You’ll have direct input into product decisions, and help ensure that your team’s work helps parents and caregivers connect efficiently and safely. Our stack is in transition, with both an older Rails monolith and a newer client web app that uses Vue and GraphQL. You’ll have the chance to help plot a course from where we are to where we want to be. You’ll work with teammates to execute feature code, refactor existing functionality, write unit and integration tests, and strengthen our platform. We value diversity of opinion, openness to feedback, and continuous learning. We strive to produce quality software, and you’ll join us in our ongoing quest to improve our tools and skills.
- Experience with RESTful APIs, GraphQL or both
- Experience with unit testing, and writing testable code
- Some familiarity with Ruby on Rails
- A fulfilling and dynamic work environment
- Support for flexible and remote working environments
- Open personal time off policy
- Health, dental, vision, disability, life, 401(k)
- Food and healthy snacks throughout the day
- Ping pong and on-site fitness center
- Company events, social outings and volunteer opportunities
- Industry leading maternal and paternal leave
Sittercity is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.