Senior Front End Engineer - Product at Collective Health
We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
At Collective Health, we care about creating a culture of diversity, openness, and transparency, while engaging our intellectual curiosity, and problem solving skills. In this role, you will be part of a team rebuilding our member eligibility platform. Eligibility is critical to the company, as it is the currency on which health insurance runs. As an engineering team, we believe good code is easy to read and understand. We expect all of our engineers to continually teach as well as learn.
As a Senior Front End engineer, you'll be working with a talented team of dedicated engineers and product managers in all phases of the product development process. We are looking for someone who is ready to lead the way building next generation user interfaces. If you're passionate about tackling hard problems while making a real difference in the world, we'd love to talk!What you'll do:
- Lead the team in building new interfaces for the next generation of eligibility
- Improve existing interfaces to help increase operations efficiency
- Build frontend platform components leveraged across our internal and external portals
- Contribute to our overall front end architecture and development experience partnering with other frontend engineers
- Mentor other engineers interested in learning frontend technologies
- Experience with a frontend framework(s), such as Angular, or React
- Experience developing websites consuming from various APIs
- Consistent experience with unit testing
- Knowledge of full development life cycle and computer science fundamentals
- Experience with mentoring other engineers
- Strong communication up, down, and across teams
- React expertise
- Full stack experience
- Eventing/Streaming experience
- Open Source contributions
- Love building web applications that display and perform beautifully across browsers & devices
- Are proud of the maintainable code that you produce
- Are passionate about learning while also helping others learn
- Want to take part in modernizing health insurance
Then this is the place for you!
Founded in 2013, Collective Health has created an ecosystem of innovative partners across care and benefits delivery, as well as built a powerful and flexible infrastructure to better enable employees and their families to understand, navigate, and pay for healthcare. By reducing the administrative lift of delivering health benefits, providing an intuitive member experience, and improving health outcomes, the company guides employees toward healthier lives and companies toward healthier bottom lines. Collective Health is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with locations in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. For more information, please visit collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Collective Health is committed to providing support to candidates who require reasonable accommodation during the interview process. If you need assistance, please contact [email protected]