Our team uses a variety of web technologies, including React, Redux, Styled Components and Jest, to build highly scalable software that is used by more than 20,000 organizations around the world. Sprout Social is used by companies like Evernote, Grubhub, West Elm and Edelman who rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members.
- Deliver business value by shipping your first code change with active pairing/mentoring from your teammates.
- Learn how code is deployed to our end users through collaboration with front end developers on your team.
- Have a firm understanding of the team’s roadmap and the team’s Agile processes by having discussions with your team’s product manager.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Independently own and deliver stories without peer consultation given user acceptance criteria and visual mockups.
- Adhere to the team’s engineering best practices, such as testing expectations, shared patterns, and documentation.
- Openly communicate with all disciplines of the team, including back-end engineers, QA, product design and product managers, in order to move the team’s work forward.
- Contribute to team processes by participating in team activities, such as code review, estimation, technical specification planning, collaboration in requirements definition, and contribution of feedback during retrospectives.
- Fix production bugs by participating in your team’s support rotation.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Author a technical specification plan for a roadmap project and collaborate with teammates to create an agreed upon delivery plan.
- Mentor junior teammates to provide guidance and coaching on code implementation, design review, and other software engineering and Agile practices.
- Collaborate effectively with your team’s product manager and QA to ensure that projects are delivered on time and with quality.
- Have knowledge of your team’s target customer base and their most common use cases within the application.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Have an understanding of all aspects of Sprout’s web application, including server side web code, production hosting infrastructure, and ancillary services, such as the PDF generation and email delivery services.
- Demonstrate end-to-end responsibility for delivering roadmap projects on time, from technical planning to performing/guiding implementation to testing to final delivery.
- Balance the continuum of trade-offs during code design, knowing that solutions can favor faster delivery with less strict technical requirements or solutions can favor future technical maintainability with delayed delivery of customer value.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!