Senior Front-End Engineer at Envoy Global
Envoy Global is on a mission to disrupt the global immigration process! Our patented online platform integrates the best of people and technology to streamline, simplify and expedite the immigration process for employers and individuals. We are an incredibly fast-growing, award-winning technology company, a leader in our space, and are backed by some of the country’s leading venture capital and growth equity firms!
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer/Developer who is highly collaborative and can successfully participate in all areas of the front-end development process. We are seeking someone who is passionate about usability interaction, accessibility, and technology. You will be responsible for building the ‘client-side’ of our web applications.
If you’re interested in creating a user-friendly environment by writing code and moving forward in your career, then this job is for you! We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design.
- Develop, test, debug, and implement operating systems components, software tools, and utilities; as well as determining the systems software design requirements
- Be responsible for implementing visual elements that users see and interact within a web application
- Understand cross-browser and cross-platform concepts and concerns
- Ensure code and design quality through the execution of test plans
- Develop coding standards, methodology, and repeatable processes
- Successfully complete multiple projects working in an Agile team environment
- 5-10 years’ experience as a Front-End (UI) Developer/Engineer
- At the minimum, 3+ years of working with Angular in a professional work setting
- Back-end coding experience in addition to expertise in front-end web development (highly preferred)
- Experience with object-oriented design and development, including strong working knowledge and experience with various architectural and design patterns
- Strong understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3, Angular is required (other frameworks are also a bonus)
- Understanding of wireframing, UX design or UI patterns
- Ability to work with open source technology
- Experience developing Single Page Applications, familiarity with Angular, Chrome Debugger, Middle-Tier Design, Database Design, Project Planning/Management, Agile/Scrum SDLC, and skill using tools such as JIRA and Confluence to manage the lifecycle
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of UX and visual design concepts to provide perspective on front and backend technologies and their overall impact on the creative process
Due to COVID, Envoy currently has its employees working from home until end of year of 2020. As part of our workforce working from home, we continually communicate with employees, fostering a culture of transparency and balance, staying focused on protecting the team and serving our customers.
To do so, our CEO hosts bi-weekly mini-All Hands Meetings. This gives the company updates on the state of the business, recognizes employees service and accomplishments, identifies opportunities to learn from each other, and have a little fun while we're at it. We continuously identify how Envoy can support our employees and culture to ensure a productive, healthy, and balanced work environment, ultimately providing great service and tech to our customers and their workforces. Of recent, our teams and managers like to balance our productivity and focus on servicing our customers, with some fun: whether that includes virtual team happy hours and game nights or sharing photos of recent vacations (or stay-cations), and of course we always invite pictures of furry, feathered, or scaled “co-workers” .
If requested, employees are also able to voluntarily work in the office located in the heart of the Chicago Loop, conveniently located 2 blocks from Metra trains and the CTA.
As an employee of Envoy, we offer a variety of perks, benefits to help reflect our great culture and mission.
Perks & Benefits:
- Extremely competitive and robust benefits through BCBS IL including telemedicine and mental health resources, and Principal Dental, Vision coverage
- 401k and company match which vests immediately
- Annual accrual of 18 days of paid time off (PTO), 2 personal days, and 10 paid holidays per year
- 2 paid volunteer days
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- On demand learning and development courses through LinkedIn Learning
- Product and industry training
- Stock options after one year of employment
- Growing social responsibility programs & partnerships
- Opportunity to work for an organization that changes lives every day!
Recent Community Recognition:
- Built in Chicago's 2020 Best Places to Work
- Chicago Innovation Award Winner 2019
- ITA Industry Disrupter Winner 2019
Envoy Global is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability