Senior Front End Engineer at Morningstar
Technology drives our business. Our team is made up of talented software engineers, infrastructure engineers, leaders and UX professionals. We care about technology as a craft and a differentiator. We bring our global products to market with a mix of software, cloud, data centers, infrastructure, design and grit.
The Enterprise Solutions Group:
Morningstar’s Enterprise Solutions group offers a variety of capabilities and content to clients around the world in several market segments, to be incorporated into their own platforms and workflows. From front-end components to charts, investment data and FINRA-reviewed reports to proprietary APIs, we work closely with our clients to understand their objectives and requirements, design the optimal combination of capabilities, and deliver a high-quality solution which fully meets their needs.
• Create cascading style sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms.
• Use an Agile approach to iteratively maintain and develop new functionality.
• Work with server-side engineers to build robust RESTful and/or SOAP-based Web services.
• Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies.
• Promote usability best practices.
• A bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or other related field.
• 3-5 years experience with SPA client-side frameworks such as Vue.js, Angular.js and Ember.js.
• 3-5 years experience with server-side technologies such as Node.JS, Java, or C#.
• Proven knowledge of enterprise software concerns such as security, scalability, transaction management, and concurrency.
• Familiarity with design patterns like MVC and MVVM required.
• Experience with XML and XSLT is a plus.
• Experience working in Scrum-based methodologies is a plus.
• Experience working with SASS, and builds process management tools like Grunt or Gulp.
• Highly motivated individual with the potential and desire to learn new technologies and take on an increasing level of responsibility within the technology team.
• Ability to work independently, communicates effectively, and produce superior results.
• Experience within the financial services industry is desirable.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity