Join a fast-paced, innovative, data-driven start up named 2021 Best Tech Start ups In Chicago, that is changing the Supply Chain industry through real time tracking and end-to-end visibility.
As FourKites continues to scale and build our tech teams across the globe, we are excited to bring on a Senior Front End Engineer in Chicago who will be working on developing applications using ReactJS, and AWS to revamp our Core Tracking platform. You will partner closely with our global UX team and will be an integral part of guiding our vision to provide intelligent logistics technology that fuels end-to-end supply chain visibility for our Global 1000 customers.
What you'll be doing:
- Designing & developing best-in-class user interface components
- Collaborating with UX/UI designers and other engineers to design, prototype, and build complex cloud-based applications
- Contributing to FourKites the implementation of FourKites Design System
- Architecting solutions and execution through design, prototyping & hands-on development
- Providing leadership for front-end architecture and development while designing and building new features
- Producing high quality code and helping to define best practices and coding standards
- Staying up to date on industry trends and new technology to provide guidance and help us stay ahead of the game with innovation
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience building highly scalable, high performance, responsive web applications
- Expertise in front end architecture and design as well as API integration
- Comfortability with Agile methodology and TDD
- Experience with build systems, pipelines, and dependency management
- Curious and passionate about new technology
- Strong desire to create scalable, maintainable, and high-performing front end systems
About the team:
Our global Engineering team is passionate, curious, and innovative. We work across two geographically distributed cities on two separate continents to collaboratively deliver industry disrupting solutions, offering Fortune 1K customers real-time visibility, predictive intelligence, advanced analytics, and many more exciting products to power their transportation world. Our innovative team is composed of full stack and back end developers, and the Senior Front End Engineer will be a driving force behind our future design and front end initiatives. You’ll have exposure to technology such as Ruby, Python, Java, GoLang, and NodeJS, as well as ElasticSearch, Cassandra, and MongoDB to sharpen your big data skillset.
Named one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, FourKites is on a mission to transform the world’s supply chains with the most powerful technology on the planet. With a customer base that includes 18 of the top-20 food and beverage companies and nine of the top-10 CPG companies, the company combines the largest network of real-time logistics data with machine learning to help its customers lower costs, improve on-time performance and strengthen end-customer relationships. We are a customer-obsessed organization, wholeheartedly committed to helping our customers succeed and drive long-term value.
The empathy we exhibit with our customers applies internally, as well. At FourKites, a positive work culture is a priority, and team members benefit from structured employee development plans, mentorship and training programs, quarterly review and promotions processes, affinity group memberships and competitive benefits packages. Click here to learn more about our team and our corporate values.
If you are a California resident, here is our California Applicant Privacy Notice.