Senior Front End Engineer
Do you want to be a part of one of the fastest growing companies in Los Angeles, disrupting the massive $635B consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry? If you answered yes, this just might be the most important job description you’ll ever read.
This opportunity is open to remote or working directly from our Culver City and Chicago offices. Must have work authorization for the United States as this person will be employed by a United States entity. Visa sponsorship is not available for the role.
Who are we?
At SnackNation, our mission is to help consumers discover healthy alternatives and inspire conscious eating decisions. We’re building a data and insights platform that knows what you should eat, and when you should eat it. We help the clean, emerging snack brands we partner with, understand their consumer base with rapid and relevant feedback. To see our vision thru, our engineers are responsible for aggregating millions of consumer data points to build world-class predictive systems, consumer trends systems, recommendation engines and more!
Who are you?
You’re a highly skilled, and motivated technologist looking for a new, exciting project that will challenge you to become a better engineer while also helping millions of people across America live healthier.
With a deep understanding of software technologies, you’ll leverage your technical expertise to architecture, frameworks, performance, automated testing, monitoring, and more. Working closely with the rest of our engineering team, you’ll assist in creating the foundation for how we build data-driven applications, tools, and experiences for our subscribers, brands, and employees.
What You'll Do:
- LoveWithFood.com and SnackNation.com We're looking to build a platform to manage all of our websites under a unified set of technologies. From extending our services layer to leveraging modern frameworks, your role will be crucial here to influence design decision-making and architecting design patterns for our future growth.
- Member Portal Complete overhaul of our customer portal! We take pride in our product and engineering efforts and the quality of our products is a reflection of that. To that end, we're looking to provide a world class experience of the portal for our dedicated consumer base.
- “The Master Key for Brands.” Our proprietary data & insights SaaS platform unlocks all the secrets of what today’s snack brands need to succeed in the marketplace. The Master Key is an insights engine that combines consumer data, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics to provide real-time intelligence from target consumers which helps CPG brands improve their product, stay competitive, and grow.
Who You Are:
- 2+ years demonstrated expertise in one or more modern JS frameworks is required (ie. ReactJS, VueJS).
- 1+ experience writing Node.js is preferred.
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Jasmine, Jest or Karma
- You enjoy designing smart, long lasting solutions intended to play nicely with others, be a joy to maintain, and grow and adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- You care about the details.
- You seek perpetual growth.
Perks & Benefits:
- Employee Stock Options
- Paid Time Off
- Company Subsidized Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
- Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
- Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
- Yoga & Wellness Activities
- Happy Hours
- Company Retreats
- Dog Friendly
Our Tech Stack
- Testing: RSpec, Capybara, Jasmine, Jest, Enzyme
- Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
We exist to inspire more conscious food decisions by connecting healthier brands with engaged consumers through a smart marketplace. SnackNation cares about making a positive impact on the world, with a wellness-minded culture and values.
We look for people who aren't afraid to be themselves. Because that's our vibe. Whether it's health or sales goals, our mantra is Better Every Day. In fact, we offer meditation, yoga and bootcamp during work hours, not after. For every sale, we donate to Feeding America. We’ve donated more than THREE MILLION mealsto food banks all across America!
Since launching in 2014, we’ve grown tremendously. In fact, SnackNation was just ranked #24 on Inc 5000’s 2018 list and the 2nd fastest growing company in LA! SnackNation also has the backing of VC firms like 3L Capital and have received press accolades in INC, Great Place to Work, Forbes. See here for more press mentions.