Leap owns and operates modern retail stores for emerging brands. Traditional retail is transforming into something new – an important part of an omnichannel customer experience. By leveraging brands’ existing ecommerce value chains and handling all aspects of store management including real estate, sales and technology our Platform effectively automates brick and mortar retail store execution for brands. Our growing network includes stores in New York, Chicago, San Francisco and Miami. We’re actively adding brands and stores to our footprint and looking for awesome people to join our team to help shape the future of retail.
Mission for the position
As a front-end developer, you'll be part of the original Leap team, and you'll build the foundation of a scalable technology platform. You'll show us how you design, test, and iterate over simple code that’s easy to reason through. You know that the soul of great software is making it simple and easy to refactor.
You'll work closely with product and your fellow engineers to architect, design, and develop Web-based tools. Your design and code will showcase store performance and insights to our brands. It'll also give our internal teams the tools they need to improve store operations and sales. As a Leap Front-End / UI Engineer, your team will own this core Leap product.
What you'll do:
- Design real-world solutions to practical challenges, by designing and coding great interfaces
- Drive and participate in clear, consistent code review practices, using your experience to help grow a great engineering team
- Have fun and work with a scrappy, optimistic, energetic startup team
- Use state-of-the-art technology and programming tools
- Collaborate on the roll-out of internal workflows and procedures, prioritizing automation
- Be encouraging, supportive, kind, fun, sensitive, honest, a great teacher, and above all, a great student
- Technical experience using modern front-end frameworks like React
- Experience with REST, API-driven development, and web app frameworks like Flask
- A deep commitment to testing and automation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Curiosity, energy, and a sense of humor
In your first month, you'll:
- Go to our stores, ask questions, try on products, buy products, return products, and experience being a customer first-hand
- Help define the best tools for the job
- Write code to automate simple, but incredibly important problems
- Communicate constantly with an encouraging, supportive team