Senior Frontend Developer at CancerIQ at CancerIQ
"The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads … That sucks."
Cancer sucks! But, code is powerful, developers are brilliant, and people are resilient.
In the high cost world of oncology, trial and error treatment is still the norm despite enormous advances in genomic medicine. Patients are given one-size-fits-all prevention plans and treatments that lead to poor outcomes, and unfortunately, sometimes death.
CancerIQ is building intelligent analytical technologies aimed to optimize cancer risk prediction, prevention, and treatment. We do this by providing care providers with workflow tools built upon informed decision engines and data-driven classification models. Our mission strives to engage and educate patients, and guide them through the complex, convoluted, and intimidating journey of cancer prevention.How do you fit in?
CancerIQ Engineering is looking for curious minds that are hungry for knowledge, want to solve problems, write elegant code, and iterate quickly. We are a group of ambitious engineers who love all things science, web, and programming.
You will take part in designing products, current and greenfield, as well as help to design backend APIs; you'll ultimately develop frontend solutions that will enable clinicians to operate efficiently and gain new insights. And finally, through thoughtful analysis and data-driven insights, you will help to build intuitive applications across multiple platforms for patients of all types and demographics.
You will be a leader.
We want you to lead new efforts, promote best practices, and help the rest of the team grow in their engineering abilities through mentorship and teaching.
RequirementsWhat are we looking for?
We’re looking for someone that loves all things programming.
You should have experience with various programming paradigms, best practices, and have an understanding of computer science concepts.
The desire to learn, teach, and to help others are the core values that drive us as a development team. We believe that if you aren’t passionate about these values, then we’re not your best fit. As such, you’re a clear communicator and should be able to work with team members effectively.
What are the “Nice To Haves”?
- We like functional programming. Familiarity with function languages or libraries will prove to be beneficial.
- Project management: We're a small team with lots of cool products in development; with autonomy comes the need for self-management.
- Eye for design.
- Self-motivated learning
- Public artifacts and outreach such as blogs, open-source contributions, conference presentations
- Strong communications skills such as empathy, listening, and conflict resolution
- A good sense of humor
- Competitive pay and benefits (health insurance, travel subsidies, discount programs)
- Opportunity to work in the cutting edge field of genetics and genomics
- Ability to build relationships with the healthcare C-suite, and top executives at CancerIQ's multi-billion dollar strategic partners
- Health insurance, commuter benefits, other work perks including an on-site gym
- Laid back work environment, conveniently located near public transport