At Showpad, we empower others to be at their best. As a business, that means the Showpad sales enablement platform allows revenue teams to engage buyers through industry-leading training and coaching software as well as innovative sales content and engagement solutions. We provide sales and marketing with the software and support they need to enable their teams, drive more revenue and deliver incredible buying experiences.
Founded in 2011 in Belgium, Showpad is a team of more than 400 people working from our headquarters in Ghent and Chicago or regional offices in London, Munich, San Francisco and Wroclaw.
As an employer who understands the importance of diversity, we are committed to proudly representing the various identities of the communities in which we work and the clients that we serve. We have been recognized as a top workplace by Built In Chicago, Built In San Francisco and Inc. Magazine, as a top 10 software company in the Inc. 5000 Europe list and won the award for “Most Sustainable Growth Company” by Deloitte Belgium.
About the position
As a Senior Frontend Engineer at Showpad, you'll influence how customers interact with and experience our Coaching and Training product. You will work in a cross-functional team with other engineers of varying disciplines to deliver software solutions. You will have access to, and input in, our organization-wide Frontend Guild, where engineers from all teams come together to share ideas, decisions, and improvements to our Angular monorepo. Our frontend engineering team strives to always use the latest technology and techniques to solve our customers’ problems.
Key responsibilities of a Senior Frontend Engineer at Showpad
- Improve the Showpad user experience with great UI's and clever use of technology
- Maintain and improve the Training and Coaching product of the Showpad platform
- Lend your skills and expertise to our maturing Angular monorepo
- Contribute to research and development by experimenting with and implementing the latest technologies in one of the most faced-paced areas in software engineering
- Work in software teams where code reviews and pair programming are part of our strong engineering culture
- Keep an eye on the bigger picture because everything you do will have an impact on 100,000+ users globally
- Collaborate with and incorporate feedback from Product Management, Interaction Designers and other Engineers
- Provide technical direction and guidance to the current frontend team as a natural innovator and provide insight into front-end engineering best practices
Required Skills for a Senior Frontend Engineer at Showpad
- A degree in Computer Science-oriented study or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience developing modern front-end web applications in Angular using Typescript and RxJS (NgRx is preferred)
- xperience working in and deploying complex frontend production systems
- Excellent cross-team technical coordination skills
- Good understanding of browser compatibility
- Motivation to advance the current frontend roadmap and align with the Chief Architect and other frontend developers on technical decisions
- Practical experience with latest technologies and applying those initiatives to improve our platform
- SQL, JSON, Microservices, REST APIs, Ajax
- Jest, GitLab, Git, Docker, CI/CD Automation
- Webpack, NPM, ES2017
- End-to-end testing (e.g. wdio, TestCafé, Cypress)
What you can expect from Showpad
We welcome every voice and are committed to building a truly inclusive environment where your differences are not just welcomed, they are celebrated. We’re building a best-in-class experience for our employees and are always identifying opportunities to encourage our team to be their authentic selves. Whether that’s paid parental leave, paid holidays (including Juneteenth and paid time off to vote), paid time off to volunteer at non-profit organizations, personal development opportunities or professional stretch assignments, you can expect Showpad to support you.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organization and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other dimensions of identity.