Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Passionate about building great software products?
At Tempus, software products are owned and developed by small, autonomous teams composed of developers, designers, scientists, and product managers. You and your team set the goals, build the software, deploy the code, and contribute to a growing software platform that will make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment.
Tempus builds software as nimble as our teams. Our modern tech stack - containerized applications running in the cloud - allows our teams to iterate rapidly and lead our industry in innovation. Emphasis on automation coupled with our decentralized, microservice architecture allows us to deliver advanced solutions with confidence at scale.
Responsibilities for the Position:
- Work as an embedded member of an engineering team
- Work closely with Product and Product Design to transform requirements & mocks into code, providing leadership around technical implementation & design patterns
- Use your experience, deep technical knowledge, and creativity to simplify development and infrastructure provisioning workflows
- Configure and deploy cloud infrastructure using Terraform and CI tools like Concourse
- Proactively and continuously learn about new and relevant technologies
- Use your knowledge to influence other developers and advocate for best practices
- Implement dashboards, monitoring, and alerting for team services
- Support your users either in-person or via Slack
Why we’re looking for you:
- 3+ years React development
- Experience building pixel-perfect, robust and, accessible user interfaces on the web
- Experience writing and maintaining “Object Oriented” CSS. Experience with CSS-in-JS is a plus
- Experience using REST backend API’s
- Expertise in digital accessibility
- Familiar with continuous integration, delivery and automated testing concepts (Jenkins/Concourse/Jest/Cypress/Enzymes)
- You have worked in agile environments and are comfortable iterating quickly
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with team members of varying skill sets and from different fields
Bonus points for:
- Experience with one of the many infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform (our favorite), Kubernetes, CloudFormation, Docker, Ansible, Salt, Packer, Puppet, Chef, or similar
- Familiarity with database design and tuning, especially with AWS PostgreSQL
- Proficiency with Bash utils/git
- Proficiency with TypeScript Node/Python
- Previous experience in the healthcare sector and securing infrastructure to standards or compliance frameworks such as HIPAA, HITRUST, or ISO