Reverb is a leading online marketplace for buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has built an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear. In 2019 Reverb was acquired by Etsy. With the added support of one of the largest online marketplaces, we are on a path to becoming the go-to site for musicians everywhere.
Our core belief is that music makes the world a better place. Through Reverb Gives, a portion of every sale provides students, teachers, and leaders of music programs across the world with instruments they need.
Our Engineering organization takes pride in crafting great software that is centered around user compassion. We take an active role in product ownership by tracking the performance of features we release, talking to stakeholders and users, fixing bugs, and ultimately building products and features that have a measurable impact on the business. We work together, participating in pairing sessions, code reviews, and elevating other developers through continuous mentorship.
About the Role
The Marketing Technology team is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to build solutions which help more people discover and stay engaged with Reverb, while growing the company's technological capability to reach those users. The team iterates quickly, partnering with the Marketing team to build out features that best drive revenue to the site.
Some of the things our team is passionate about include:
- SEO: Increasing the site’s representation in organic search, both domestically and internationally.
- Email and Push Notifications: Engaging with our audience to make them aware of what Reverb has to offer, segmenting and personalizing our messaging.
- Paid Advertisements: Maintaining internal pipelines that update our paid advertising partners to make sure we show the right products to the right customer.
- Content Management: The Marketing team builds new content daily, from videos to news to buying guides. Developing tools to help handle authoring and publishing the content, as well as making large scale updates without manual intervention.
Areas of experience directly relevant to the role
- Ruby / Rails
- Postgres/other RDBMS
We would ask that all candidates have at least 5 years of software development experience outside of learning environments.
About Our Compensation and Benefits
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key benefits include:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- A matching 401(k)
- A flexible take it as you need it PTO policy
- 12 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Ways to give back to you community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant and resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
We know that the imposter syndrome and confidence gap are real. Please do not hesitate to apply!