Senior Full-Stack Engineer at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
The Senior Full-Stack Engineer will work in a highly collaborative team within the Product & Engineering vertical building software of the highest quality, and develop deep understanding of our technical products.
What will you do as a Senior Full-Stack Engineer?
- Work closely with Product to spec out the technical aspects of a feature from inception through delivery
- Strategize with key stakeholders on developing key business metrics, planning, and prioritization
- Own feature development, ensuring tracking/analytics are instrumented and your work meets the agreed upon acceptance criteria
- Continuously improve existing codebases, identifying key opportunities for refactoring and performance improvement in React, Ruby, and Kotlin.
- Write acceptance, integration and unit tests
- Create lasting architecture for current and future applications
- Help create engineering leaders by mentoring other engineers of all levels
- Build technical expertise and collateral to strengthen our position as a leader in technology
What do you have as a Senior Full-Stack Engineer?
- Experience with high traffic public facing websites
- Extensive experience with TypeScript
- Exceptional knowledge of ReactJS
- Fluency in Ruby/Ruby on Rails and RSpec or similar testing frameworks
- Experience with Kotlin and/or Java
- Strong knowledge of Redux/React Context API/Hooks
- Exceptional knowledge of front end technologies including HTML/CSS
- Significant experience working with API service-based architectures and RESTful APIs
- Experience writing tests at various layers and various JS testing strategies
- Experience developing responsive web applications
- Experience with building, deploying and operating technical components of sizable complexity.
- Track record of leading and creating environments where engineers produce their best work
Nice to haves:
- Experience architecting micro-frontends
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with scrum fundamentals
- Experience working remotely
- Experience investigating data bugs throughout the stack
What's in it for you as the Senior Full-Stack Engineer?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover the vast majority of your premiums to make the cost of you and your family's coverage affordable. Plus, we contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.