Senior Full Stack Engineer at Bluecrew
Senior Full Stack Engineer at Bluecrew (View all jobs)
Founded in 2015, Bluecrew is the only on-demand technology platform exclusively for flexible W2 work. Job seekers turn to Bluecrew for sustainable and reliable employment that fits their schedules across a broad range of industries including warehousing, logistics, e-commerce, events, delivery, and hospitality.
Bluecrew is disrupting the traditional staffing model (an industry worth $130 billion which is almost exclusively offline) with a mobile-first platform that offers workers control, flexibility, and protection, while instantly connecting them to high quality, short and long-term employment opportunities. Unlike gig economy platforms, all Crew Members are W2 employees of Bluecrew, receiving benefits and protections like minimum wage, overtime, sick pay, and workers' compensation. Bluecrew is headquartered in Chicago with a presence in markets nationwide and is owned and operated by IAC.
Bluecrew is searching for an experienced Senior Full Stack engineer to add to its team. You have a passion for solving big and complex problems with a high societal impact. You love including customer inputs into product development. Your leadership skills will be key to continue the development of the team.
This offers an opportunity to make an impact while doing rewarding work: we employ people in need with thousands of jobs per week (Veterans, Students, single mothers and fathers). We have an innovative and diverse team and are looking to add a Node developer who wants to build systems that make an immediate difference in people's lives.
You will be developing features on our core platform and web app for our employees, our clients, and our teammates. You will go beyond just coding and help to shape the engineering culture and best practices.
- 4+ years experience with node.js.
- Experience with mySQL.
- You are adept in at least one modern front-end framework.
- You care about shipping high-quality code with effective tests.
- You are a self-driven developer seeking to understand and transform business requirements into performant, engaging features.
- You execute swiftly and intelligently to surpass expectations, while maintaining a work-life balance.
Capabilities and Talents:
- Strong technical problem solving skills are a must, with a focus on scalable solutions and performance optimization
- Enthusiasm for working in a dynamic and always-changing environment
- Capable of quickly prioritizing tasks with multiple conflicting deadlines
- Team player
- Direct, clear communicator
- Experience with React
- Experience with Redux
- Experience with AngularJS
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.