Senior Full Stack Engineer at OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day. We are looking for engineers who are excited by the chance to challenge the FinTech status quo.
What you get to do:
- Contribute to the development of our product portfolio, built with Ruby, Amazon Web Services, and PostgreSQL.
- Collaborate with business and technical professionals across the organization to ensure the code is well designed within an Agile framework. In addition, partner with these teams to contribute to architecture and multiple development environments as needed.
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, integration testing, documenting and implementing software best practices.
- Continue to learn new tools and languages. We take development seriously! Our team manages our own internal training, with budgets for classes, conferences, books and materials….we want you to grow your skills with us.
- Mentor other junior members as the organization and team grows.
What you will bring to the team:
- Experience interpreting and refining our goals into relevant requirements, having delivered large-scale projects from concept to production.
- At least 7+ years of experience using a modern programming language. You’re already proficient in Ruby but lack of it won’t automatically disqualify you; our collective team background includes Ruby, Python, Java, Node.js, Erlang and C++. Show us you solved non-trivial engineering problems with your language and we’ll be interested in you.
- 4+ years of experience developing systems with Amazon Web Services technologies; Lambda/API Gateway experience a big plus.
- 7+ years of experience with Test-driven Development (TDD).
- 7+ years of experience building Restful API’s and consuming 3rd party API’s.
- Experience with Terraform, Kubernetes and Docker a plus if you have it. Git experience preferred
Employees Love Working Here
Customers love our product
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.