Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for Infrastructure Engineers to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem. As Senior AWS Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for providing AWS Infrastructure as a Service for all of Flexport. You will provide secure access to our cloud environments, use commercial and open-source tools that drive our infrastructure pipeline, build automation and custom tools that ensure a consistent baseline, and ensure availability, capacity, and performance of our cloud infrastructure.You will:
- Partner with the IT, engineering and security teams to develop, deploy, and maintain secure cloud architectures aligned to internal standards and current best practices.
- Develop and maintain our cloud infrastructure pipelines that enable service, such as, our Account Factory and Image Bakery services using modern DevOps tools and capabilities.
- Partner with Security and Network Engineering to enable global routing across AWS accounts, regions, and physical locations while maintaining appropriate segmentation of network traffic.
- Architect, implement, and maintain solutions that ensure the availability, capacity, performance, and security of our services, such as auto-scaling, load balancers, gateways, endpoints, forward and reverse proxies, firewalls, traffic inspection, and remote access capabilities.
- Integrate AWS services with enterprise tooling that enable monitoring, alerting, and retention of critical event information.
- Review and evaluate new AWS services and service enhancements relevant to our current and future state infrastructure.
- Work cross-functionally to drive cost-optimization of AWS services through the continuous review of resource allocation.
- Define and document governance strategies, procedures, network and data flow diagrams.
- Participate in on-call incident response rotation.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- 5-8+ years of cloud engineering/DevOps experience in a fast-paced global environment.
- 3+ years of experience with developer tools, including, source code management, CI/CD pipelines, and Infrastructure as Code.
- 3+ years of experience administering Linux server and container-based infrastructure.
- Strong working knowledge of cloud and traditional network concepts and services, such as, OSI layers, TCP/IP, static and dynamic routing, packet filtering and analysis.
- Strong working knowledge of RESTful APIs, JSON, XML, and developing integrations.
- Strong experience with AWS IAM, secrets management, and PKI.
- Experience with Kubernetes and migrating traditional servers to containers is a plus!
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work with a diverse, and globally distributed team.
- Learn more at www.keyvalues.com/flexport
Our flagship office is on Market Street in San Francisco, but we also have engineering teams working out of our locations in Atlanta, Seattle, and Chicago. Remote work is also possible from CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA. As a truly global company, we don’t let geography slow us down. We rotate hack-a-thons and move Flexporters all around the world.
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.About Flexport:
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.