Senior Java Developer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Discover Financial Services is looking for a senior software developer to drive delivery in all aspects of software development. You will collaborate with product managers and your peers to execute on a broad range of projects for the digital products that power Discover, from feature enhancements to designing and building technical solutions. You will use Java Spring and will be equipped with modern CI/CD developer tool kit (STS/IntelliJ, GitHub, Jenkins, and Nexus to name a few).
Our Digital Development group is responsible for all development of our digital products across our Card division. We would be thrilled to have you join our digital transformation journey.
You will be successful at Discover if you can:
- Break down a product vision into workable technical solutions to solve business problems
- Build high quality software for large scale and highly available systems
- Actively contribute to the departments developer community to support our cloud native journey
- Provide strong technical and team leadership
- Talk about your work with both technical and non-technical team members
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in a technology centric area) or the equivalent work experience
- 5+ years working in a technology environment
- Relevant hands-on experience building highly scalable and reliable Java applications
- Experience with Java development on client facing application
- Experience working with an iterative software development methodology
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design principles
- Self-motivated and openly challenging the team to continuously improve
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.