Senior Java Developer
DRIVIN is looking to expand our development team as we continue to innovate the used car industry. The candidate should have a strong background in Java Web Service development and be comfortable using the Spring Framework. As a leader of the development team the main responsibilities are design, implementation, and maintenance of RESTful web services in both Composite service and Microservice forms. This candidate should have experience leading a small team and driving architectural direction for a product. The candidate should have good communication skills and be able to work closely with Product Owners to discuss feasibility of technical considerations as well as provide accurate estimates for project completion. This candidate should have 5+ years of professional development experience.
DRIVIN tech stack is cutting edge using Amazon AWS to deploy our infrastructure, using ElasticSearch for fast queries and PostgreSQL for transactional data and integrating data from the Data Science team in real time to help innovate the used car industry.
· Building and maintaining composite and micro services in Java/Spring
· Design and implement cross team micro services for common functionality
· Mentoring junior developers in best practices, providing guidance for implementation strategies
· Working closely with Product Owners to help gather and refine requirements for upcoming stories
· Helping to implement proof of concepts for new technologies
· Implementing and maintaining unit test coverage for the Web Service layer
· Build, maintain, and update user-facing features for a long-term project
· Apply technical knowledge to advance and scope UI/UX solutions
· Write modular, composable code for flexibility, sharing, and re-use
· Write critical and supplementary unit, integration, and E2E tests before shipping code
· Participate in designing Frontend and Backend Integrations
· Review major development features and provide feedback to the team
· Integrate with shared API services, keeping logic separate from view
· Participate in optimizing processes and applications for efficiency and scalability
· Communicate effectively, giving and receiving help as needed
· Lead conversations with Mobile development teams around technical responsibilities of respective code basis
· Assist managers in the screening of developer candidates.
· Provide technical mentorship to team members.
· 5+ years of professional Java development experience with RESTful Web Services
· 5+ years of experience using relational databases for data persistence
· Experience with NoSQL (ElasticSearch, Cassandra, MongoDB) data stores preferred
· Experience using Spring framework
· Experience using Junit/Mockito for unit testing
· Experience working in an Agile environment
· Experience working in Amazon AWS environments preferred