Senior Java Developer
DRIVIN is looking to expand our development team as we continue to innovate the used car industry. The candidate should have a strong background in Java web development and be comfortable using the Spring framework. As a leader of the development team the main responsibilities are design, implementation, and maintenance of RESTful web services in both composite service and microservice forms. These web services will be integrating with Postgres SQL to help aggregate data for the composite services. This candidate should have experience building enterprise production applications and leading small to medium sized teams to directionally sound architectural decisions.
The candidate should have good communication skills and be able to work closely with product owners to discuss feasibility of technical considerations as well as provide accurate estimates for project completion. This candidate should have 5-8+ years of professional development experience.
- Build and maintain a distributed micro services-based architecture shared across engineering
- Develop a codebase following Java best practices and writing performant, quality code that scales over time
- Mentor fellow developers in best practices and provide guidance over developing a quality codebase
- Work closely with the product team to perform discovery and gather requirements for implementation strategy
- 5+ years of professional Java 8+ development with RESTful web services
- 5+ years of experience using RDBMS for data storage and persistence
- Experience with build tools like Maven or Gradle
- Experience using Junit or similar for unit/integration testing
- Experience working with AWS or similar cloud infrastructure
- Experience working in an Agile environment