Senior Java Full Stack Software Engineer
ServiceNow is in the West Loop! That's right Forbes 2018 #1 Most Innovative Company has planted roots in Chicago and growing. Sound exciting?! Yes, we sure think so too! Here's your chance to join a rapidly growing office in a rapidly growing global company and own new and critical features in the DevOps space.
What does our platform do?
At the core, we deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity. Over 75% of Fortune 500 Companies are using the NOW platform. ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. ServiceNow cloud services automate, predict, digitize and optimize business processes and tasks, from IT to Customer Service to Security Operations and to Human Resources, creating a better experience for your employees, users and customers while transforming your enterprise.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Software Engineer, you will be a key member of a small team of developers. You will help coach and mentor other associates, design and implement new features for the ServiceNow platform, and lead small to medium sized projects throughout the SDLC lifecycle. In addition, you will help shape the future of the team’s culture by practicing and encouraging development best practices, participating in code reviews, and aligning the team to organizational goals and objectives.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent experience (10+ years)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience developing object-oriented software
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Good attitude and ability to work on a team
- Customer-focused approach
Desired Skills (You don’t need all of these, but we need some):
- Strong java experience (or similar)
- Experience building quality Unit Tests and Integration/Automated Tests
- Experience with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL/MariaDB, MSSQL)
- Familiarity with basic web application architecture
- Strong understanding of web technologies
- Familiarity with Unix shell
- Experience developing on the ServiceNow platform is a huge plus
- Strong communication skills (this is not a customer-facing role, but we are very collaborative and value the ability to effectively communicate technical problems to non-technical people)
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.