Senior Java Software Engineer with C# experience at JPMorgan Chase
As a Software Engineer, you’ll work on everything from customer-facing web applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end C# and Java based systems using the hottest techniques. We are a team of full stack engineers with in-depth DevOps expertise. Our programming languages has been C# , Java, Python, and Scala. We are big fans on building products using Open Source packages and Inner Source Components. We are also closely aligned with best practices of agile software development such as pair programming, mobbing, test-driven design, trunk development, and frequent and incremental code deliveries. You will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You will team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you will do it all in a diverse, inclusive, collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
As an Engineer on our group you will be working with our Agile teams building applications leveraging
An architecture in the style of “Event sourcing”
Microservices to provide dedicated business functions
Kafka & Protobuf serialization to asynchronously connect services
Oracle, Gemfire used for creating persistent view services
Kafka to enable rapid short term recovery, horizontal scalability and workload distribution
Hadoop for analytics
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages Java, C#, Python
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- Runtimes / Application servers – One of the following - IIS, Spring Boot, Docker , Tomcat/ Websphere
- Frameworks / libraries – Experience with Cucumber, Spring , Kafka, Protobuf or Gemfire a Plus
- Rules Engines experience a Plus : Drools or Rulebook
- DB – any of the following MYSQL, MSSQL, Oracle, Cassandra, Hadoop, No-SQL, MongoDB or DynamoDB
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.