Senior Java Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase
Commercial Banking serves global clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging in billions of dollars. Our Commercial Bankers serve these clients by operating in 14 of the 15 top U.S. major markets. Our professionals' industry knowledge and experience combined with our dedicated service model, comprehensive solutions, and local expertise to make us the #1 commercial bank in our retail branch footprint.
Wholesale Loans Technology supports Mortgage Lending activities (Single Family & Multi Family) for external clients of JP Morgan Chase. ProMerit is the primary Loan Accounting and Servicing Platform and Aurora is an in-house application supporting loan activities.
This role is for an engineering lead to work with the Wholesale Loan Technology team at JPMorgan Chase, Chicago office. As a member of the Wholesale Loan Technology team, you will be working on the Mortgage Finance application platforms and Aurora, a multi-year strategic investment to modernize the technology stack, user interfaces, reporting capabilities and overall operational processing. Aurora leverages Agile and fortress architecture principles.
This role is for an engineering lead requiring a variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
· Deep experience in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
· Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices in software development and workflow products.
· Strong experience with resilience and performance testing environment set-up & management.
· Strong Communication Skills demonstrating the ability to present and explain ideas and concepts.
· Strong object oriented analysis and design skills (OOAD)
· SCM / DevOps / CI/CD tools & process (GIT/Bitbucket, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Sonar), Testing tools & frameworks (Jasmin/Karma, JUnit, Selenium, Cucumber, Mockito), Agile Methodology and Tools (JIRA)
· Experience with MicroServices & Event Architecture
· Experience with Integration patterns and messaging technologies (JMS, Mule, Kafka, RabbitMQ)
· Experience with Caching solutions such as Hazlecast, Gemfire, EHCache.
· Experience with Cloud Platforms, Container/Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry)
· Passionate about testing strategy, problem solving, learning new skills, sharing expertise and knowledge.
· Experience working in Agile teams, ability to focus and grasp business concepts explained during PBRs.
Responsibilities of the role include:
· Technical responsibility for application architecture and design. Evolve product architecture and how the platform interacts with loans eco-systems.
· Design and deliver high quality features that complies with standards and satisfies architectural tests.
· Participate in Architecture & Engineering forums, perform design reviews
· Timely project communications - monthly updates, project updates, RCA updates, agile experiments, team metrics etc.
· Collaborate with the Product Owner, Operations and Technology partners around the world
· Design, analyze, develop, test, debug, and model the system components necessary to produce potentially shippable product iterations with each sprint.
· Perform pair programming and assist the team in supporting the application in all required environments.
· Prepare and lead sprint review meetings showcasing completed product backlog items to the product owner and subject matter experts.
· Proactively look to develop and implement best practices across the entire project team, practicing continuous process improvement.
· Guide team members toward best solutions for the problem at hand
· Listen, interact and train developers to enhance their skill sets
· Project management experience including managing teams, influencing decision-making outside of immediate span of control, and accomplishing key objectives and results
· Experience working in a financial services environment with good working knowledge of associated accounting principles
· Previous experience with wholesale loans business
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Commercial Banking is focused on helping our clients succeed and making a positive difference in our communities. We provide credit and financing, treasury and payment services, international banking and real estate services to clients including corporations, municipalities, institutions, real estate investors and owners, and nonprofit organizations.