Senior Java XP Engineer at Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Kin + Carta operates under an organizational model called “The Connective,” a global ecosystem of over 1,600 technologists, strategists, and creatives. Together, the Connective provides full-service capabilities for not only our clients but for employee experience and mobility.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes Kin + Carta a recognized best place to work.
Kin + Carta is seeking a Senior Java/Spring Engineer to join our Cloud Practice on a full time or contract basis.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Consulting with Fortune 500 clients in order to build enterprise grade cloud native applications
- Supporting team members in order to deliver products to market in an efficient manner
- Partnering with top-notch designers to create award winning user experiences
- Bridging the gap between elegant front end design and existing enterprise backend architectures
- Mentoring less experienced engineers to foster their career path and growth
- Traveling to client site on a weekly basis to collaborate with client development team
Your Profile Includes:
- Strong level knowledge of Java and Java web applications
- Strong understanding of modern Spring frameworks (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud Services, etc)
- Solid OOD and OOP skills are required
- Previous experience delivering products in an Agile environment
- Experience developing enterprise applications that support high traffic volumes
- 7 or more years of professional software development experience
- Exposure to modern software practices such as TDD, CI/CD, etc. is required
- Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Working experience with microservice architectures is a plus
- Working experience with public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) is a plus
- Working experience with modern web application frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS, etc) is also a plus
- Previous exposure to Pivotal Cloud Foundry is a huge plus
- BS in Computer Science or a related field
- Open to a minimum of 80% travel required
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.